Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

My XBL customer service sob story OT
Posted By: Cody MillerDate: 9/26/12 9:17 a.m.

Remember all the information you used to sign into a live account!

So I don't take my xbox online anymore (in fact I physically can't since my internet is wireless only). Yesterday I noticed that I was charged for an additional year of service (on Halo 3's anniversary, can you guess why I got it?). I forgot about auto renew, so I've got to go and cancel and get a refund.

So it turns out you have to actually physically call Microsoft to do this. That's a little inconvenient, but whatever I'll do it anyway. After a long ass recorded message I get to a person. I explain to him it was charged yesterday, I don't want it, and I'd like a refund. He says he needs to pull up the account, and to do so he needs the phone number and address on the account to do so.

Well that's great because I was living in New York when I signed up, and I really have no clue about either, that was 5 years ago. He tells me he can't access the account without this information. I explain that all I want is to cancel and get my money back. He tells me this is for my own protection to keep people from accessing my account. Again, I explain I want to cancel it not access it.

So he says I can recover the information by logging into xbox.com. I log in and WHOOPS I'm greeted with a "Someone may be trying to access your account" message. The email I used to sign up is closed now (with no hope of coming back, it was a university email). So to recover the account to a new address, guess what I have to do? Provide all the info including phone and address that I don't have.

He says, okay you can get to it on your xbox. So while on the phone I go digging through the closet and pull out the xbox. I hook it up and turn it on. He tells me to go to the settings tab. I say there's a system settings tab, but not settings, He says he is confused. After he figures out eventually I have a dashboard 2 versions old, we find the right place.

WHOOPS. In order to view the info I have to connect to xbox live, which I can't do since I don't have a wireless adapter.

I explain how these security procedures are not helping, and all I want to do is read my name, my card number, and get my money back. He again explains he can't do it because of security issues. Can I speak to your supervisor? Instead of saying yes, he tries to convince me not to talk to him. I have a feeling being transferred to a supervisor counts against the people in the call center (maybe KP would know how this works), because I actually had to insist several times.

The supervisor says he understands my problem, but he really doesn't since he says the same thing as the previous guy. "This is how someone accesses your account sir, they call and ask for information". I'M NOT ASKING FOR ANY INFORMATION! I JUST WANT TO STOP GETTING CHARGED. I WON'T ASK YOU A GOD DAMN THING ABOUT THE ACCOUNT JUST CANCEL IT.

I flat out asked him what I had to do to cancel, and he said I had to get the information and there was no other way. This is astounding to me, since I am holding the card that was charged yesterday. I mean, what do you do it someone takes your card and charges live service to it? What if you kid signed up and forgot this shit? This is the worst system I have ever seen.

The bottom line is, I have to head over to the bank today to issue a chargeback.

REMEMBER YOUR INFO WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR SPARTAN OPS!

A PSA from Cody Miller.

Message Index

Replies:

My XBL customer service sob story OTCody Miller 9/26/12 9:17 a.m.
     Re: My XBL customer service sob story OTgamerguy2002 9/26/12 10:20 a.m.
           Re: My XBL customer service sob story OTDHalo 9/26/12 10:47 a.m.
     Re: My XBL customer service sob story OTGeneral Vagueness 9/26/12 6:17 p.m.
           Re: My XBL customer service sob story OTChewbaccawakka 9/26/12 6:35 p.m.
     Re: My XBL customer service sob story OTNarcogen 9/27/12 2:35 a.m.
           Re: My XBL customer service sob story OTSilent Knight 9/27/12 6:14 a.m.
           Re: My XBL customer service sob story OTCody Miller 9/27/12 11:17 a.m.
     Re: My XBL customer service sob story OTRC Master 9/27/12 6:04 a.m.
           Re: My XBL customer service sob story OTCody Miller 9/27/12 11:13 a.m.
                 Re: My XBL customer service sob story OTDHalo 9/27/12 2:05 p.m.
                 Re: My XBL customer service sob story OTRC Master 9/27/12 3:18 p.m.
                       Re: My XBL customer service sob story OTCody Miller 9/27/12 6:53 p.m.
                             Re: My XBL customer service sob story OTNOKYARD 9/28/12 10:17 p.m.
     Re: My XBL customer service sob story OTbluerunner 9/27/12 8:30 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.