Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

I guess it's been nine years
Posted By: mad.maxDate: 2/15/12 12:53 p.m.

"The Autumn, she's been hit!"

Time flies. Nine years ago today, this awesome community lost one of our own to a form of cancer called Ewing's Sarcoma, and it's become a bit of a tradition for old codgers like myself to come out of the woodwork and remember him briefly. Personally I always try and tell someone of his story on this day.

Brian Morden, or *Ar-Isildur, was with the Bungie community for ages. A dedicated Myth player, and in fact one of the first people I ever played Myth with; a member of the renowned WolfPack; and most importantly one of the nicest people you've ever met. He was always upbeat, even when he was undergoing treatments for his cancer, and he had an infectious smile. He'd post a picture grinning stupidly at the camera and you couldn't help but grin.

He was also one of the first people that Bungie took on for the Make a Wish program, and famously recorded a line for Halo 1. There's never been anyone as deserving as him.

Anyway, it's doubtful many people will see this, but those of you who do go and check out the foundation set up in his name by his family.

Also, you may have noticed his "HTML guide" linked at the top of the forum for the last DECADE. Check it out.

We're thinking of you Brian. <3

I work here now!

Message Index

Replies:

I guess it's been nine yearsmad.max 2/15/12 12:53 p.m.
     Re: I guess it's been nine yearsPkmnrulz240 2/15/12 1:31 p.m.
     Re: Love always. *NM*Hedgemony 2/15/12 3:53 p.m.
     Re: I guess it's been nine yearsLeviathan 2/15/12 5:20 p.m.
     Re: I guess it's been nine yearsKermit 2/15/12 6:23 p.m.
     Re: I guess it's been nine yearsUrban Reflex 2/15/12 6:25 p.m.
     Hail to the honored fallen!The Lionheart 2/15/12 7:10 p.m.
     thank you manMiguel Chavez 2/15/12 11:16 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.