Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: REACH MM Playlist Popularity Study
Posted By: HoovaloovDate: 2/2/12 5:02 p.m.

In Response To: REACH MM Playlist Popularity Study (DEEP NNN)

Nice study, DEEP NNN. Very informative.

Maybe you said it somewhere, but what's your Y-axis in the graphs? (# of players, % of total populations, etc.) Also, could you provide a bar graph comparing the average popularity of the playlists? It'd be interesting to get a visual sense of the difference in popularity.

Grifball got a huge spike on the 1/30/12 due to the current Weekly challenge (200 multikills). That's where I go for this challenge.

Even if MLG doesn't use Reach in their next season, it's doesn't need to be removed unless it stops being a healthy playlist. If TU Beta dies, it will be the only ZB playlist left. Using rough comparisons, MLG is consistently more popular than Anniv. Squad, Anniv. FFA, Anniv. Firefight, Team Objective, Squad DLC, Co-op Campaign, Beta TU, and Action Sack. It is roughly as popular as Grifball. All that to say, even if MLG doesn't support Reach, if the playlist continues to remain healthy, then it should stay.

Living Dead's popularity distresses me. While I enjoy a game or two every once in a while, I'm pretty sure every can agree that it's not a good sign for Reach that this is it's most popular gametype (by a big margin). This either tells me Reach's real multiplayer was so unbearable that most of the population runs away to Living Dead to avoid it. Or there is a large incentive to be playing Living Dead. I tend to think it's more of the latter, with the incentive being an almost guaranteed positive K/D spread.

Living Dead isn't the core offering of Reach, and I hope the new maps/more exploit fixes help spread the population around a little more. But on the other hand, I still get plenty of matches in whatever playlist I choose, so the large concentration of players in Living Dead isn't affecting me negatively. I just think it's very strange.

Message Index

Replies:

REACH MM Playlist Popularity StudyDEEP NNN 2/2/12 3:56 p.m.
     Re: REACH MM Playlist Popularity StudyLawnmower172 2/2/12 4:26 p.m.
     I play Grifball only when forced to by friends.JDQuackers 2/2/12 4:40 p.m.
           Re: I play Grifball only when forced to by friendsRevenant1988 2/2/12 5:02 p.m.
                 Re: I play Grifball only when forced to by friendsJDQuackers 2/3/12 7:36 a.m.
     Re: REACH MM Playlist Popularity StudyHoovaloov 2/2/12 5:02 p.m.
           Re: REACH MM Playlist Popularity StudyDEEP NNN 2/2/12 5:26 p.m.
           Re: REACH MM Playlist Popularity Studysquidnh3 2/2/12 5:38 p.m.
     Re: Playlist Popularity Study - Thanks WuDEEP NNN 2/5/12 1:25 p.m.
           Re: Playlist Popularity Study - Thanks WuLouis Wu 2/5/12 2:45 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.