glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Lol, nobody knows what happened yesterday.
Posted By: uberfoop <atkinso2@seattleu.edu>Date: 12/5/11 1:39 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Lol, nobody knows what happened yesterday. (General Vagueness)

: not to be pushy, hopefully it's not the wrong place to ask, but I'm still
: wondering about this (the update method),

You don't have to do anything. The new versions of the Marathon scenarios have the executables in the directories already, so you just have to unzip the M2 folder. To play it, just run the executable called Marathon 2.exe.

: and whether I can play Marathon
: 2 with the old graphics using the new version and if so how to do that

Yep. As per Aleph One's entire point and standards, it technically uses the base graphics set as the game default, with the XBLA visuals existing as Open GL plugins. So...

If you're using the Open GL renderer, from the main menu, go to:
Preferences->Environment->Plugins
Then disable the HD texture plugins.

Or, for the most pure M2 possible, use the software renderer instead of the Open GL renderer. From the main menu, go to:
Preferences->Graphics
Then set "Rendering System" to "Software."

Message Index

Replies:

Marathon for free? Why remind us?Leisandir 12/1/11 2:05 p.m.
     Re: Marathon for free? Why remind us?Urban Reflex 12/1/11 2:19 p.m.
           Re: Marathon for free? Why remind us?davidfuchs 12/1/11 2:23 p.m.
     Lol, nobody knows what happened yesterday.uberfoop 12/1/11 2:22 p.m.
           Re: Lol, nobody knows what happened yesterday.davidfuchs 12/1/11 2:24 p.m.
           that's exactly rightMiguel Chavez 12/1/11 2:49 p.m.
           Re: Lol, nobody knows what happened yesterday.Louis Wu 12/1/11 2:56 p.m.
                 Re: Lol, nobody knows what happened yesterday.uberfoop 12/1/11 3:28 p.m.
                 Re: Lol, nobody knows what happened yesterday.General Vagueness 12/1/11 7:30 p.m.
           Re: Lol, nobody knows what happened yesterday.General Vagueness 12/1/11 7:27 p.m.
                 Re: Lol, nobody knows what happened yesterday.General Vagueness 12/1/11 7:44 p.m.
                       Re: Lol, nobody knows what happened yesterday.General Vagueness 12/5/11 1:20 p.m.
                             Re: Lol, nobody knows what happened yesterday.uberfoop 12/5/11 1:39 p.m.
                                   Re: Lol, nobody knows what happened yesterday.General Vagueness 12/5/11 3:59 p.m.
     I don't think that's likelyJDQuackers 12/1/11 3:04 p.m.
           Re: I don't think that's likelySIX min WHISTLE 12/1/11 4:20 p.m.
     Re: Marathon for free? Why remind us?urk 12/1/11 4:25 p.m.
           Re: Marathon for free? Why remind us?Flynn J Taggart 12/1/11 5:57 p.m.
           Re: Marathon for free? Why remind us?Ibeechu 12/1/11 6:02 p.m.
           Re: Marathon for free? Why remind us?Lord Friendship 12/1/11 6:44 p.m.
           Re: Marathon for free? Why remind us?Flynn J Taggart 12/1/11 7:04 p.m.
           Ask a silly question, get a simple answer. :) *NM*Leisandir 12/1/11 8:07 p.m.
     I'm licking my chops. New campaigns 4 me. woohoo! *NM*cardo 8 atl 12/1/11 6:38 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.