glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: So, the 'official' Lockout remake DID exist.
Posted By: nillapuddinDate: 8/29/11 3:48 p.m.

In Response To: Re: So, the 'official' Lockout remake DID exist. (FyreWulff)

: Well now that Shishka has revealed that the waterfall area was specifically
: carved out for Lockout, they can at least move their remakes over to there
: if they want to be more 'accurate'.

: What would have probably helped the remakes would have been a Building piece
: that is the center platform of Lockout (both the top part and the bottom
: part with the drop down hole) to help keep framerate up. That's usually
: the issue I see with community Lockouts.

Framerate killed more lockouts than I will ever want to bring back into my memory.
We tried harder with Lockout than any other map to promote/help critique and perfect the remakes we worked with. But it truly is a challenging map, there are multiple versions out there that have tremendous feats of accuracy and forging, but just as many have downfalls.

(That waterfall never helped either)

Lockout is a map, that the scale constantly fights you (the dance floor as you mentioned is challenging) Im sure even had their been a Bungie made version people still would have complained, but just for the sake of it I would feel good endorsing it.

But hey, there are plenty of incredibly well made remakes, I hope that my group can establish a new relationship with 343 and promote quality forge remakes. We never could get 'quite' as far as we wanted to with Bungie. More importantly I hope there is a place for community remakes in the future of Reach, with the outstanding job done by 343 with built in remakes I could see community maps no matter how 'gray-t' (great) being overshadowed. : /

only time will tell.

Halo Legacy (Remakes)

Message Index

Replies:

So, the 'official' Lockout remake DID exist.FyreWulff 8/29/11 2:58 p.m.
     Re: So, the 'official' Lockout remake DID exist.Shishka 8/29/11 3:08 p.m.
           Re: So, the 'official' Lockout remake DID exist.FyreWulff 8/29/11 3:10 p.m.
           Re: So, the 'official' Lockout remake DID exist.DEEP NNN 8/29/11 3:22 p.m.
           Well you know...PsychoRaven 8/29/11 3:35 p.m.
                 Re: Well you know...General Vagueness 8/29/11 3:46 p.m.
           Re: So, the 'official' Lockout remake DID exist.Shadow8P 8/29/11 9:17 p.m.
     Re: So, the 'official' Lockout remake DID exist.nillapuddin 8/29/11 3:13 p.m.
           Re: So, the 'official' Lockout remake DID exist.FyreWulff 8/29/11 3:16 p.m.
                 Re: So, the 'official' Lockout remake DID exist.nillapuddin 8/29/11 3:48 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.