Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual Guide
Posted By: Stephen L. (SoundEffect) <soundeffect@hotmail.com>Date: 7/5/11 7:20 p.m.

In Response To: Just checked out the Essential Visual Guide (CaptainTony)

: Awesome stuff 343i and Stephen Loftus, I really appreciated the small size
: and amount of detail you put into this book. Great layout, easy to read
: pages, and new juicy details.

: However, I do have a couple concerns, all of which are relating to the post-
: Halo: Reach Spartans.

: 1. Despite the fact that they hold Navy ranks, why are Carter-A259, Kat-B320,
: and B312 noted as being in the Army? Were they commissioned into the Army
: from the start or were they assigned under Army command only during the
: stints in Noble Team?

: 2. Concerning the Rogue armor kit, it seems as if SPARTAN-II personnel can
: purchase their own kit from corporations that have developed their own
: technology alongside ONI/NAVSPECWAR requirements.

: 3. Why is there a need to have Spartans in the Air Force, a branch that
: already seems antiquated by 26th century standards. I'm not trying to be a
: bit rude here, I just don't know why they need super soldiers behind some
: hotel desk at an air base or flying a transport aircraft.

: Despite this, I would like to congratulate 343i on a wonderful product!

Glad you like it...hoped you liked the plethora of little detail additions. I can't wait to see what a copy looks like...my bookstore around here only says the pub date of the 26th, and often it's a week or so behind that.

Not sure I can say too much still until it's more 'out there'. Also, my primary purpose was proofreading for canon adherence and adding details that were obscure and creating some info that was missing. That said, although I contributed significant notes and recommended changes, the meaning of things beyond what was included in the book I can't really speak to.

Some of what you'll see in there is for ease of introducing the material to new folks. Most of the material pre-Reach indicates Noble Team is Army, despite their being Spartan-IIIs (and a II) which are in the Naval portion of the UNSC.

I believe the manufacturer of Rogue is an attempt to show that during wartime, it was necessary to have outside manufacturers to contribute to the war effort. They would still be providing the hardware to ONI/UNSC. I think that bit is just to flesh out the universe more.

Again, if it wasn't included in the book itself, even I can only guess at what 343i intends to do to further explain things. I don't have any more 'insider info' than what's in the book. I was presented the book a few pages at a time. It was fully written when I got involved and it was Vociferous and I that were charged with inspecting, completing missing gaps, and verifying info.

If I can help explain anything I'll do what I can. Until I have the book in hand though, I can't be sure what made it in and what may have been trimmed out at the publisher for space...not sure of their template constraints. Hopefully what I last saw all made it in.

My HBO Articles

Message Index

Replies:

Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 4:31 p.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 4:40 p.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 4:40 p.m.
                 Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 4:48 p.m.
                       Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 4:54 p.m.
                             Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 5:06 p.m.
                                   Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 5:27 p.m.
                                         Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 5:46 p.m.
                                               Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 5:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 6:02 p.m.
                                                           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/5/11 7:26 p.m.
     Just curiousTDSpiral 7/5/11 6:11 p.m.
           Re: Just curiousCaptainTony 7/5/11 6:19 p.m.
                 Ah, I see. Thanks! *NM*TDSpiral 7/5/11 6:36 p.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/5/11 7:20 p.m.
     Had it for a few days nowSl'askia 7/5/11 10:49 p.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual Guidevociferous 7/5/11 11:09 p.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/6/11 6:31 a.m.
                 Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideDEEP NNN 7/6/11 6:51 a.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/6/11 11:43 a.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/14/11 6:39 a.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 7:02 a.m.
                 Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/14/11 7:23 a.m.
                       Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 12:26 p.m.
                             Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/14/11 4:54 p.m.
                                   Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 5:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideGeneral Vagueness 7/14/11 5:24 p.m.
                                               Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 6:43 p.m.
                                         Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/15/11 5:34 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.