Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: I realized something that makes me happy
Posted By: Dagoonite <dagoonite@gmail.com>Date: 6/17/11 8:35 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I realized something that makes me happy (Nosolee)

: Shakespearean lines in Halo? Already have it, remember the elite dialogue
: from Halo 2? "A pox on you beast!" was one of many references to
: Shakespeare or Shakespearean English in that game.

: I swear, Halo Anniverssary had better just have the old school wort worting
: elites I"ve been waiting 10 years to hear again.

Actually, I was thinking of a mode where all the dialogue is read by one guy. He has a calm, cultured, classy voice with a British accent. Reading every line like he was narrating some sort of highbrow novel. I'm thinking Christopher Lee.

Go ahead and imagine it for a moment. Christopher Lee evenly reading all of Johnson's lines. Or calmly saying "Wort, wort, wort." Or even "Can't run with thing on back." Maybe, if we want to get really fancy, him calmly proclaiming "Inarticulate screams of rage."

Then, during cut scenes, him taking the time to clarify just who is saying what. Close your eyes and let a scene play out in your head between Cortana, the Chief, and 343 Guilty Spark, with pauses for "the Master Chief said."

No hurting me for this!

Sorry for being so boring. Have this.

Message Index

Replies:

I realized something that makes me happyDagoonite 6/17/11 8:40 a.m.
     Re: I realized something that makes me happyDMFanella 6/17/11 8:48 a.m.
           Re: I realized something that makes me happyDagoonite 6/17/11 8:52 a.m.
                 Re: I realized something that makes me happyDMFanella 6/17/11 9:16 a.m.
                       Re: I realized something that makes me happypadraig08 6/17/11 10:09 a.m.
                             Re: I realized something that makes me happyDagoonite 6/17/11 10:30 a.m.
                                   Re: I realized something that makes me happyNosolee 6/17/11 10:55 a.m.
                                         I wouldn't mind....padraig08 6/17/11 11:02 a.m.
                                               Re: I wouldn't mind....ZackDark 6/17/11 3:45 p.m.
                                         Re: I realized something that makes me happyDagoonite 6/17/11 8:35 p.m.
                                               Re: I realized something that makes me happyZackDark 6/17/11 8:55 p.m.
                                                     Re: I realized something that makes me happyAzo 'Galvat 6/17/11 9:02 p.m.
                                                           Re: I realized something that makes me happyDagoonite 6/17/11 9:17 p.m.
                                                                 Do it. Nao. *NM*ZackDark 6/17/11 9:27 p.m.
                                                                 RelatedDagoonite 6/17/11 9:45 p.m.
                                                                       Re: RelatedChewbeccawacca 6/17/11 9:57 p.m.
                                                                 Stewart-timeZackDark 6/17/11 10:08 p.m.
     Re: I realized something that makes me happyUrban Reflex 6/17/11 1:47 p.m.
           Re: I realized something that makes me happyChewbeccawacca 6/17/11 2:38 p.m.
           She's not saying it right eitherRockslider 6/18/11 1:19 p.m.
                 Re: She's not saying it right eitherGeneral Vagueness 6/18/11 6:08 p.m.
     Cortana was supposed to have an English accent.Kermit 6/18/11 11:31 a.m.
           Re: Cortana was supposed to have an English accentBry 6/18/11 6:17 p.m.
                 Re: Cortana was supposed to have an English accentQuirel 6/18/11 7:14 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.