Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: My thoughts on H4
Posted By: Gravemind <kuukan_no_kage@yahoo.com>Date: 6/12/11 8:28 p.m.

In Response To: My thoughts on H4 (0postmortem0)

He was a high school freshman when Halo 3 came out? So that made him, what, 14? When I was 14, the Super Nintendo was still #1, Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country, Sonic 3, Mortal Kombat 2, and Final Fantasy VI (then called FFIII) were among the big console games (y'know, the stuff we call "old-school gaming" today), and the Playstation was probably still planned as a CD add-on for the SNES. The author having fond adolescent memories about a game that came out when I was 27 years old makes me feel a bit old. And I'm far from the oldest one here. Can you really be nostalgic about stuff you're at most fresh out of high school? Well, maybe, considering how fast trends in entertainment change. Most of the stuff we Gen Xers grew up with is ancient history to today's school kids, with some intergenerational exceptions (e.g., The Simpsons, possibly Michael Jackson).

But to address the point of his article, I don't mind being put back into the Chief's shoes for another three games. Sure, playing as someone else would offer some new perspective, but the upcoming trilogy will offer new perspective as well, as we'll obviously be getting an entirely new story arc, new characters, new enemies, and vehicles & weapons. The only thing that's the same is that you're playing as the Chief and have Cortana as your companion. Also, considering Bungie dropped the ball with the writing/story aspect of H3 & Reach while Joe was working on other stuff like Contact Harvest and their new IP (YMMV on that, of course), maybe 343i can bring back the quality of writing seen back in Halo 1 & 2. Who knows? Maybe they hired Nylund to write Halo 4. It would be awesome.

The Dark Sangheili

Message Index

Replies:

My thoughts on H40postmortem0 6/12/11 11:06 a.m.
     Agreed. I felt much the same way.munky-058 6/12/11 11:42 a.m.
     Re: My thoughts on H4ArteenEsben 6/12/11 12:23 p.m.
     Re: My thoughts on H4Rockslider 6/12/11 2:24 p.m.
           Re: My thoughts on H40postmortem0 6/12/11 3:55 p.m.
                 Re: My thoughts on H4Rockslider 6/12/11 4:14 p.m.
     Re: My thoughts on H4Gravemind 6/12/11 8:28 p.m.
           Re: My thoughts on H40postmortem0 6/12/11 11:26 p.m.
     Re: My thoughts on H4Narcogen 6/12/11 11:48 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.