Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: I suggest CEA, and here's why
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 6/8/11 7:21 a.m.

In Response To: Re: I suggest CEA, and here's why (Narcogen)

: Except that that's bad.

Yikes! I've been Narcogened! Maybe we could have a badge for that. :P

However, we're partly talking cross-purposes. To clarify, I was only talking about casual Halo-centric chat. In that situation CEA would do to make yourself understood with minimal fuss; that much I think you'd concede. You objected that it "doesn't look right" in not starting with an H. I don't have that reaction myself, but in any case it's not as if the lack of an H would be a new thing, bearing in mind the oft-used abbreviations CE and ODST for a couple of earlier games.

Aside from the "doesn't look right" thing, your objections relate to organizational concerns (alphabetic convenience, tagging and searching). Well, that's another matter of course. If we were trying to decide an ideal term which also takes those into account, you indeed have some points worth raising. But like I said, I was only concerned with casual chatty use. As it happens however, I also don't think casual chat should trouble itself to be influenced by those other concerns; so they don't sway me against using CEA in contexts such as this forum. I sure wouldn't be surprised to see plenty of folk including an H at the front, but personally I'll do without, partly because CEA rolls off the tongue easier.

Bad Cyborg

Message Index

Replies:

What should we call it?Hyokin 6/6/11 8:45 p.m.
     Re: What should we call it?SonGoharotto 6/6/11 8:46 p.m.
           Re: What should we call it?tarehart 6/6/11 8:49 p.m.
           H:A became standard *NM*nomis78 6/6/11 9:09 p.m.
     Re: What should we call it?Joshua Allen 6/6/11 8:48 p.m.
           Re: What should we call it?Hyokin 6/6/11 8:55 p.m.
                 Re: What should we call it?ZackDark 6/6/11 9:00 p.m.
                       Re: What should we call it?mc_leprechaun 6/7/11 6:03 a.m.
                             LOLMazz 6/7/11 11:15 a.m.
                 Your letters are mixed-up *NM*JDQuackers 6/6/11 10:41 p.m.
     The CEmake! *NM*Jordan117 6/6/11 9:29 p.m.
     I suggest CEA, and here's whyRockslider 6/7/11 7:52 a.m.
           Re: I suggest CEA, and here's whyNarcogen 6/8/11 2:31 a.m.
                 Re: I suggest CEA, and here's whyRockslider 6/8/11 7:21 a.m.
                       Re: I suggest CEA, and here's whyGeneral Vagueness 6/8/11 1:15 p.m.
                       Re: I suggest CEA, and here's whyNarcogen 6/9/11 1:17 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.