Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Rest assure, Hedge....
Posted By: SEspiderDate: 6/6/11 6:02 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG* (Hedgemony)

Rest assure, it's by no means jealousy.
If I had the tools and resources Leviathan has, I too could make something just as beautiful.
Saddly I'm still stuck with a 11 year old computer and a wheeled mouse. :(

Leviathan has proved himself countless times and I'd be a fool to say he simply traced this.
Which I DID NOT, I might add. YOU DID.

In fact, Leviathan himself pointed out why I see it the way I do. He stayed too close to his referance material. Which is understandable concidering the short time frame he had to complete this.

Artist put a lot of work into their art. And things change a lot more during the progress then one may think. Leviathan had to cut out the Flood and Covies because the image was getting too busy. He also pointed out that he relied on his referance material a good bit for this job. I have a feeling he juggled the heads around until he found their perfect fit.

Bottom line, I was in no way suggesting he "traced" the images. I appologize to you both if either of you feel that I did. There's a reason I inserted 'and please don't take this the wrong way' into my statement. It was to express to everyone that I'm looking at it in a critique manner from one artist to another. Leviathan clearly caught onto that, otherwise he would have stated how offensive the statement was. Instead he saw my view, staied calm and simply accepted it and informed us that it was original work.

There's nothing wrong with defending someone's work, Hedge. That's something we artist love about our fans. But sadly there are a few that take simple statements and blow them out of proportion as you did. Thank you for defending one of your role models, but please learn to try and look at it from their view as well as that of the person(s) that make the statment. DO NOT suddenly attack that person nor their work as you have mine. It's bad character and very poor sportsmanship.

Thank you.

Keep up the great work, Levi. Love the Fist of Arrows series. ;)

VOTE HERE!!

Message Index

Replies:

Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*Leviathan 6/6/11 12:58 a.m.
     Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*Laird 6/6/11 12:58 a.m.
           Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*Joshua Allen 6/6/11 1:01 a.m.
                 Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG* *NM*Joshua Allen 6/6/11 1:01 a.m.
     Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*TDSpiral 6/6/11 12:59 a.m.
           Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*Joshua Allen 6/6/11 1:02 a.m.
                 HOLYSHITFUCKBALLSMoltenSlowa 6/6/11 1:05 a.m.
           O.O Sexynessishness *NM*Sqorck 6/6/11 1:05 a.m.
     The only thing missing:xmoosev3 6/6/11 1:19 a.m.
           Re: The only thing missing:Leviathan 6/6/11 3:35 a.m.
     No words... should've sent a poet.padraig08 6/6/11 1:25 a.m.
     Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*SEspider 6/6/11 1:36 a.m.
           Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*Quirel 6/6/11 1:51 a.m.
                 DOH! My bad. lol *NM*SEspider 6/6/11 5:34 a.m.
           Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*p bro 6/6/11 3:07 a.m.
           Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*Leviathan 6/6/11 3:49 a.m.
                 Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*Hedgemony 6/6/11 4:08 a.m.
                       Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*Leviathan 6/6/11 4:28 a.m.
                             Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*Hedgemony 6/6/11 4:53 a.m.
                                   Rest assure, Hedge....SEspider 6/6/11 6:02 a.m.
                                         Re: Rest assure, Hedge....Hedgemony 6/6/11 6:45 a.m.
                                         I'd just like to point out...padraig08 6/6/11 11:58 a.m.
                                               Re: I'd just like to point out...SEspider 6/6/11 1:38 p.m.
     Me likey. Good job!AngelicLionheart 6/6/11 1:38 a.m.
     Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*Quirel 6/6/11 1:49 a.m.
           Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*Laird 6/6/11 2:05 a.m.
     I have to say...Dagoonite 6/6/11 3:16 a.m.
     Holy Son of a BitchHawaiian Pig 6/6/11 4:23 a.m.
     I forgot to thank Nomis...Leviathan 6/6/11 4:42 a.m.
     Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*FyreWulff 6/6/11 4:46 a.m.
     Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*vlad3163 6/6/11 4:47 a.m.
           Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*Leviathan 6/6/11 4:55 a.m.
     Mother of God. *NM*BlueNinja 6/6/11 7:01 a.m.
     Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire! *NM*ZackDark 6/6/11 7:45 a.m.
     Re: Absolutely stunning!CaptainTony 6/6/11 8:03 a.m.
     *gasp*Beckx 6/6/11 8:40 a.m.
           Re: *gasp*Leviathan 6/6/11 11:57 a.m.
     Re: Jizz in the pants!!! *NM* *NM*hotshot revan 6/6/11 9:55 a.m.
           Geez, show some class.^Kermit 6/6/11 11:36 a.m.
     Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*AssaultGodzilla 6/6/11 10:01 a.m.
     Thanks for all the comments guys!Leviathan 6/6/11 12:04 p.m.
     Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*General Vagueness 6/6/11 12:17 p.m.
     Re: Secrets revealed- Halo: United poster *IMG*SonofMacPhisto 6/6/11 12:54 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.