Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

I want to break free
Posted By: General Vagueness <General.Vagueness@gmail.com>Date: 4/21/11 9:33 p.m.

or I did want to, so I went and did it. First up is Zealot, which was refreshingly easy. There isn't too much out there you can't see in a film of Long Night of Solace, but there are the multiplayer areas-- don't know what I mean? well on the red side of the map there's this

with the same on the blue side only bluer, and behind the orange lift is this

I also got out of Breakpoint (the name of which still makes think not "Invasion" or "big cold map" or "Halo" but "oh geez I have to deal breakpoints again, why am I using this debugger?"). There's a camera barrier out there, relatively far out, that I could push a teleporter through, but once I let it go it would despawn. The only thing I found that isn't visible from the playable area that seemed that interesting was this

a giant freaking matte white box. I'm sure it has something to do with graphics or spawning or automation or something, but I've never seen one on or outside a map before-- and yes, despite trying for several minutes I wasn't able to get the camera into it. Next up, how about some Condemned? There was an external camera barrier here too but I was able to push a teleporter through a corner of it. What wasn't so easy was getting into the generator.

That's a view from below, in case you couldn't tell. For some reason it's in a completely different enclosure from the playable space but not exactly outside the map, as you can't enter it from outside the map. The first time I did it was my first try and an accident, and either I didn't save a screenshot or it got deleted somehow, so I tried spawning something above me and backing off from it while holding the right trigger, and I managed to get through the floor-- I was already typing this and stopped to do all that, then I found it in my recent screenshots >_<. Enough babbling, next picture.

This is a view from under the core (the low-gravity area),

and this is my attempt at a better view. Yeah, they do kind of all look similar, don't they? The effect is still cool though, especially when you're in the middle of it. There was a second camera barrier out there that was a little restrictive but not too annoying altogether. In the course of finding its edges I noticed this view and took a picture.

If anything tells you how big this station was, it's this. I can't even fit all the parts that are left on the screen. I neglected to mention before that none of the space maps lets you go to Reach's moons (I think the out-of-map shot from last week was taken in or behind the larger one), but Condemned lets you get the closest, and I got one of my favorite screenshots I've ever taken.

Poor little Anchor 9 almost got left out, probably because I did it earlier and didn't take any screenshots-- others have shown you the ships and the Sabres, I wouldn't be able to do any better, but maybe you can, or find something new, so here's the clip. No usual bonus this time because it's also my submission to Bungie All Stars-- it's a video and I know they asked for screenshots and still-picture art so I don't expect to get anything but this fits so well and is so entertaining I felt it belonged, on the off chance it's shown I'd prefer the first showing to be in the update. On a related note, I was going to clear the bonus video from last time out of my file share-- since it was mostly having held on to it and not or skill or anything it seemed kind of vain to be all "please download it, please watch it, please!" even if I was only doing that in my head-- but I thought "what the heck?" and left it, and I'm glad I did, because someone rendered it.

Thank you, mysterious stranger. I'll see you guys in a few days with the rest of the maps.

You cannot fall off the floor.

Message Index

Replies:

I want to break freeGeneral Vagueness 4/21/11 9:33 p.m.
     Re: I want to break freeGeneral Vagueness 4/22/11 5:30 p.m.
           Re: I want to break freeHyokin 4/22/11 6:46 p.m.
                 Re: I want to break freeGeneral Vagueness 4/22/11 7:33 p.m.
                       Wasn't me... *NM*Hyokin 4/22/11 7:48 p.m.
     Re: I want to break freeGeneral Vagueness 4/23/11 12:57 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.