Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

I really want to like it...
Posted By: uberfoop <atkinso2@seattleu.edu>Date: 2/17/11 2:41 a.m.

In Response To: For my love of halo - Here is one nasty montage (FALL3Npro)

...because there's a boatload of awesome content. In that sense, I absolutely loved it.

However, the editing completely ruined it for me. One minute of intro is usually much too long for a six-minute video. There were far too many cuts and speed changes. Of them, they almost always occurred in high-action moments where my brain expected to be able to smoothly follow the action; I can't really put it another way than that they always felt like they were exactly where they absolutely shouldn't have been. And lastly, there didn't seem to be careful coordination of object positions and velocities or even presentation of immediately recognizeably same objects between juxtaposed shots, which meant that not only did my brain have to constantly reformulate the situation between fast cuts, but my eyes were being jerked about in a way which was quite literally physically uncomfortable.

I apologize if that's excessively harsh, since it's obvious that a lot of work was put into it, but that's pretty much how I perceived it.

Message Index

Replies:

For my love of halo - Here is one nasty montageFALL3Npro 2/16/11 2:42 p.m.
     Re: For my love of halo - Here is one nasty montagsharpsniper99 2/16/11 3:12 p.m.
     Re: For my love of halo - Here is one nasty montagsithhead 2/16/11 3:24 p.m.
     I really want to like it...uberfoop 2/17/11 2:41 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.