Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Really useful!
Posted By: Schooly D <schoolyd@teamschoolyd.org>Date: 9/22/10 12:00 p.m.

In Response To: Really useful! (Xorian)

First off, thanks for the feedback! The reception in general has been overwhelmingly positive. I'm actually kind of surprised.

: The "long-range sniping" is good, though I can usually get 3 if not
: all 4 with one SR clip.

: The "grenade precision" is fun, but I think it's important not to
: keep trying the same target over and over. Make sure you move from target
: to target with each grenade, and even move where you're standing, or it's
: too easy to make small adjustments to your throw until you land it.

In light of these comments, and the ones I've gotten about how this map doesn't force you to fire while strafing, I think it's important to remember that this is just a training tool, not a complete training experience. A lot of these things you just have to force yourself to do.

Case in point, hitting all 4 sniper targets with one clip isn't impressive. In fact if you can't do it, I'd say you have serious problems. The difficulty comes from trying to hit all 4 targets with one clip as fast as possible, or with as little magnification as possible. Or while strafing. But all these things are up to you to perform. The only way to make a training map that forces you to do everything would be to stick a live opponent in there with you.

In boxing when you're hitting a punching bag, it's up to you to move around and hit it as if it were an actual person: moving, ducking, blocking, etc. If all you do is stand motionless in front of it and pummel it, that's your fault, not the bag's.

So, strafe while shooting targets. Try to hit them as fast as possible. Try to hit them as cleanly as possible. Mix up the pattern, maybe don't hit the sniper targets 1-2-3-4, try 1-4-2-3. Same thing with the DMR and grenade ranges. This map is just a tool, it's up to you to use it well.

Team Schooly D

Message Index

Replies:

The Gym: A map for training *IMGs* *VID*Schooly D 9/17/10 10:08 p.m.
     WOWhyokin 9/18/10 3:05 a.m.
     Re: The Gym: A map for training *IMGs* *VID*stabbim 9/18/10 9:15 a.m.
           Re: The Gym: A map for training *IMGs* *VID*BanditORR 9/18/10 11:43 a.m.
     Re: The Gym: A map for training *IMGs* *VID*Xmoosev3 9/18/10 12:41 p.m.
     Re: The Gym: A map for training *IMGs* *VID*Gimme A Beer 9/18/10 2:41 p.m.
     Fun.serpx 9/18/10 11:10 p.m.
     Re: The Gym: A map for training *IMGs* *VID*Vorked 9/20/10 7:44 p.m.
     Really useful!Xorian 9/22/10 11:36 a.m.
           Re: Really useful!Schooly D 9/22/10 12:00 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.