Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkj
Posted By: Hawaiian PigDate: 9/15/10 5:11 p.m.

In Response To: Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkj (Schooly D)

Applauding Kat's death wasn't because I hated her, but because it occurred in a way that's fairly unique. As I alluded, Joss Whedon does this a lot in his shows (Firefly: Wash; Dollhouse: Bennett). Basically, the idea is that no main character is safe from sudden and abrupt death. Seeing characters deal with this is usually really interesting... at least when those characters have some depth.

: Now I wholly believe that you did enjoy the game and just found the
: story/writing to be bad.

Yup.

: Writing posts that critique the story can't be
: construed as opinions of the whole game, unless we expect you to include a
: review of everything else along with your review of the story. Which would
: be unreasonable.

Exactly.

: Still, I found your becoming more open and harsh with your criticism as we
: move away from the launch date to be interesting. The honeymoon is ending,
: so to speak. I wait with bated breath for the full review of the story.

A well thought out opinion gets more focused as you have time to think about it. Can't just come right out of the gate with full explanations for things that rubbed me the wrong way. You can't just waltz into a forum where everyone is joining in a chorus of praise and say "ehh," you gotta back up your stance. I also don't feel the need to pop in and tell everyone how I liked the things that countless other people have said they liked.

Elites rule. The game is challenging and fun. Level design is top notch. etc.

NB: That is one handsome graph.

Message Index

Replies:

What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Schooly D 9/15/10 1:01 p.m.
     Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Kamerosa 9/15/10 1:58 p.m.
           Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Narcogen 9/15/10 10:54 p.m.
                 Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Kamerosa 9/15/10 11:53 p.m.
                       Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Kamerosa 9/15/10 11:54 p.m.
                       Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Narcogen 9/16/10 4:54 a.m.
                       Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Kermit 9/16/10 4:38 p.m.
     Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 2:16 p.m.
           Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Jillybean 9/15/10 2:27 p.m.
                 Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 2:36 p.m.
                 Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*T07WRX5 9/15/10 2:46 p.m.
                       Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Schooly D 9/15/10 2:48 p.m.
                             Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Jillybean 9/15/10 2:53 p.m.
                                   Tech support to the rescueJillybean 9/15/10 3:07 p.m.
                                         Googlefu to more rescueJillybean 9/15/10 3:11 p.m.
                                               Re: Googlefu to more rescueSchooly D 9/15/10 3:17 p.m.
                                                     Re: Googlefu to more rescue *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 3:22 p.m.
                                                           THANK YOU *SP*telemachus 9/15/10 3:26 p.m.
                                                                 Re: THANK YOU *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 3:32 p.m.
                                                                       Re: THANK YOU *SP*telemachus 9/15/10 3:59 p.m.
                                                                             Re: THANK YOU *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 4:04 p.m.
                                                           Re: Googlefu to more rescue *SP*scarab 9/15/10 5:17 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Googlefu to more rescue *SP*Archilen 9/15/10 5:21 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Googlefu to more rescue *SP*scarab 9/15/10 6:28 p.m.
                                               blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkj;kHawaiian Pig 9/15/10 3:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjCody Miller 9/15/10 4:11 p.m.
                                                           Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjBlueNinja 9/15/10 4:26 p.m.
                                                                 Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjHawaiian Pig 9/15/10 4:27 p.m.
                                                                 Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjTex 9/15/10 4:34 p.m.
                                                                       Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjSonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 4:36 p.m.
                                                                             Typo :(SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 4:37 p.m.
                                                                             Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjHawaiian Pig 9/15/10 5:12 p.m.
                                                                       The Tru7h. The Whole Tru7h.BlueNinja 9/15/10 4:52 p.m.
                                                                             Re: The Tru7h. The Whole Tru7h.SPARTAN-034 9/15/10 7:38 p.m.
                                                                       Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*RC Master 9/15/10 8:26 p.m.
                                                                             Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*Trey 9/15/10 10:57 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*Tex 9/15/10 10:59 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*Archilen 9/16/10 1:23 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*Tex 9/16/10 10:47 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*gspawn 9/16/10 1:54 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*Tex 9/16/10 2:38 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*RC Master 9/16/10 8:48 a.m.
                                                                 One word, two intended meanings7he grunt w/a plasma pistol 9/16/10 8:16 a.m.
                                                     Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjSchooly D 9/15/10 4:45 p.m.
                                                           Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjSchooly D 9/15/10 4:53 p.m.
                                                                 Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjHawaiian Pig 9/15/10 5:11 p.m.
                                                                       Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjNarcogen 9/15/10 11:09 p.m.
                             Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Tex 9/15/10 2:55 p.m.
                             Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*telemachus 9/15/10 3:04 p.m.
                             Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 3:06 p.m.
           Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*BlueNinja 9/15/10 4:20 p.m.
     Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Schedonnardus 9/15/10 4:30 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.