Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Sticking with 'spores' after all
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 10/31/09 5:55 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Sticking with 'spores' after all (Red_Breast)

: Mmm rounded corners, very ergonmic.
: I actually looked at the site with Iceweasel, which is Debian's open source
: version of Firefox.

Iceweasel? Great name! Firefox, Iceweasel… what else can we have? Anyone for Watermoose?

: My own way of getting back at Microsoft I guess. Like I said I still have to
: my 360 fixed which will be £60.

Hah, that'll teach 'em!

: I just watched BCM1. I love the jump up to the rock at the end and then down
: in front of the Elite who seems to be totally oblivious.
: Did you see something on the motion tracker or was the Elite a surprise?

He's the dropship 4 Elite who's tied to a certain area; he'll never attack at the plateau. So after battling at the plateau, you have to go look for him if you want to kill every stinkin' covie. His territory is quite large but he's often standing near that rock. I probably noticed the brief red dot on the motion tracker as I approached, so I knew he was thereabouts. In my save that rock is a handy size for jumping up on (it's not always; rock geometry is randomized so it depends on your save), and I was already used to hopping up so I could land near my target. It went nicely that time. Other times I've landed behind, and then you can either whack him on the head or - which I find more enjoyable - start drilling him with bullets, giving him a nasty shock! Don't you love it, the way they turn around when surprised?

: But considering it was only a s-video source it looks great.

Yeah it's not bad. In regard to producing still images (for the pictures I'm adding), it's a little frustrating that the quality is a long way off what you'd get with a proper screenshot, but never mind. Over the last five years I've very cleverly trained my site visitors to expect nothing but a wall of text; so now they'll be overjoyed to get anything that looks like a picture!

: The only better quality videos I've seen of Halo gameplay come from sources like the PC version
: or Bungie's own movies.

Nice to hear, thanks. I caught a bit of a break just in time actually. After getting the raw DV stream into iMovie via the Canopus ADVC-110, I ultimately export a movie in h.264 format. However, the default h.264 encoder offered by iMovie is hugely inferior to a free one I came across on the net, just in the nick of time before sending my first movies off to Louis for final conversion. It's called x264Encoder, and I was able to just add it so it comes up as an option within iMovie. If it hadn't been for that encoder, my movies would proably be noticeably more fuzzy. I was really surprised how Apple's h.264 encoder could be so inferior. Like, more blurry and with bigger file size, and taking longer to encode too!

: A softmod Xbox is also great for trainers/cheats although I haven't used any
: of the Halo ones. It has a great Halo2 trainer called Yello you can do all
: kinds of things with. (I appreciate that might not interest you;))

Yeah, never got into any modding business, though I've heard some things of interest.

: I've just had a look at the price of the Canopus. Considering you can get
: capture equipment much cheaper I think you made a good decision. It
: certainly shows.

I partly got it on the basis of all the positive reviews, emphasizing its reliability and good quality. The last thing I wanted was to be pulling my hair out with technical problems.

: Anyway I'm going to have a look at the other movies now. Any plans for anymore?

You kidding? I've got five years worth of fun to cover! Expect movies every few weeks. Along with the addition of pictures, that's going to my main site activity for quite some time I think.

Bad Cyborg - Now with movies and pictures!

Message Index

Replies:

Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeRockslider 10/28/09 9:05 a.m.
     Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeLouis Wu 10/28/09 9:10 a.m.
     Rock, You're Insane, And We Love You. *NM*Morpheus 10/28/09 10:18 a.m.
     Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeGeneral Vagueness 10/28/09 10:20 a.m.
     Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeGeneral Vagueness 10/28/09 10:21 a.m.
           Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeRockslider 10/28/09 10:53 a.m.
     Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeGeneral Vagueness 10/28/09 11:01 a.m.
           Little nibbler chappiesRockslider 10/28/09 11:30 a.m.
                 Popcorn Flood. *NM*Louis Wu 10/28/09 12:29 p.m.
                       So good you'll lose control! *NM*Avateur 10/28/09 12:31 p.m.
                             My favorite brand is Orville Redenflooder. *NM*SonofMacPhisto 10/28/09 6:37 p.m.
                       Re: Popcorn Flood.General Vagueness 10/28/09 6:33 p.m.
                             Re: Popcorn Flood.General Vagueness 10/28/09 7:07 p.m.
           Sticking with 'spores' after allRockslider 10/29/09 9:04 a.m.
                 Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allGeneral Vagueness 10/29/09 10:08 a.m.
                       Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allRockslider 10/29/09 12:43 p.m.
                             Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allGeneral Vagueness 10/29/09 3:53 p.m.
                                   Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allRockslider 10/29/09 5:45 p.m.
                                         Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allGeneral Vagueness 10/29/09 5:57 p.m.
                                               Plasma sword / energy swordRockslider 10/29/09 7:37 p.m.
                                                     Re: Plasma sword / energy swordNarcogen 10/29/09 11:08 p.m.
                                                           Re: Plasma sword / energy sword7he grunt w/a plasma pistol 10/29/09 11:20 p.m.
                                                     "Plasma sword" sounds more classyUrsusArctos 10/30/09 12:34 a.m.
                                                     Re: Plasma sword / energy swordGeneral Vagueness 10/30/09 8:34 a.m.
                 Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allBry 10/29/09 10:38 a.m.
                 Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allRed_Breast 10/31/09 2:44 a.m.
                       Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allRockslider 10/31/09 10:27 a.m.
                             Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allRed_Breast 10/31/09 3:05 p.m.
                                   Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allRockslider 10/31/09 5:55 p.m.
                                         Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allRed_Breast 11/1/09 1:44 p.m.
     Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeUrsusArctos 10/31/09 10:36 a.m.
           Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeRockslider 10/31/09 1:11 p.m.
                 Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeGeneral Vagueness 10/31/09 1:46 p.m.
                       Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeRockslider 10/31/09 2:01 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.