Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: What's up with those strange triangles? *SP*
Posted By: Nidonocu <nidonocu@gmail.com>Date: 9/23/09 10:51 p.m.

In Response To: What's up with those strange triangles? *SP* (Ragashingo)

: All over the city are these symbols that glow in visor mode. Some are just
: three lines while others have the lines plus other circular symbols with
: dots. Also it seems that these symbols are often found in hidden places
: like with dead elites or hidden engineers. I once found a set of pillars
: aranged in a circle behind a security door. On the pillars were lots of
: symbols plus a glowy Super logo. Surely these things mean something?
: Right?

I believe they are supposed to be markers left by the Engineers as they work in searching the city. There might be some reference to them in one of the Halo books when it mentioned Engineers and their search of another human city for Forerunner artifacts.

However, there are some interesting ones which are explained by the plot of both the main game and the audio logs as time goes on. There are triangular arrows by a large circle in one room, triangles as you say by the dead Elites and triangles featureing the SuperIntendent's emblem.

My guesses: The arrows by the large circle are ships in orbit of either earth or a Halo ring. the triangles by the Elites are some kind of 'Rest in Peace' style momorial by the Engineers to those that are now also fighting the Covenant. The ones featuring the SI are of course, reference to the one free Engineer who is interfacing with the SI and probably relaying some of that information back to his fellow Engineers.

Message Index

Replies:

What's up with those strange triangles? *SP*Ragashingo 9/23/09 10:29 p.m.
     Re: What's up with those strange triangles? *SP* *NM*Ragashingo 9/23/09 10:35 p.m.
     As far as I can tell...Necromas 9/23/09 10:39 p.m.
     Re: What's up with those strange triangles? *SP*Nidonocu 9/23/09 10:51 p.m.
           Re: What's up with those strange triangles? *SP*Jillybean 9/26/09 8:06 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.