Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

The Flaming Ninja Challenge ... 3!!
Posted By: pete_the_duckDate: 3/22/09 11:06 a.m.

I am happy to present the third and final obstacle course in the Flaming Ninja Challenge series:

The Flaming Ninja Challenge 3!

Refining the best elements from its predecessors and exploiting the possibilities of Sandbox, this is the culmination of the original concept behind the Flaming Ninja Challenge. You must crouch-jump, ball-balance, mongoose-maneuver, and otherwise make your way through a series of varingly difficult obstacles to claim the title of Flaming Ninja!*

The map variant can be played with any party size
using Halo 3's default slayer gametype.
: : : : Click HERE to download the map variant : : : :

The Rules (Should you choose to obey them):
0. Use Halo 3's default slayer gametype.
1. Don't use any weapons or grenades, only melee.
2. Don't use the assistance of other players.
3. Obstacles must be navigated as design dictates.

Scroll down to preview the layout of the course and some of the obstacles you will face!

This is the spawn/starting area. Directly ahead, the red arch marks the entrance to the obstacle course. To the right are checkpoint teleporters which are initially locked. Once unlocked, you will be able to use these to quickly return to later sections of the course. They are in order from right to left.

Turning around, you will notice the blue arch. This marks the conclusion of the obstacle course. Reaching here will have required you to navigate the full circumference of the sky bubble. Good luck!

The first section of the course has basic obstacles: a series of simple jumps, balance beams, a climbing wall, and the teleslide (slide down the ramp while avoiding the teleporters which return you to the top).

Having completed these obstacles, you will reach the first checkpoint. Destroy the fusion coil atop the receiving node to unlock it, enabling you to return to this point by using the corrosponding teleporter at the spawn area. The fusion coils do not respawn, so each checkpoint will remain unlocked for the duration of the game.

The original ball challenge has been completely reimagined. You must navigate several obstacles while standing on top of a golf ball. The platform that the ball rests on is actually in a kill zone, so falling off the ball will result in instant death. You MUST remain on the golf ball for the duration of this obstacle.

Tips: Standing on the golf ball, face the direction you want to go and walk backwards slowly. As you back up, the ball will roll forward. Just remember, walk in the opposite direction that you want the ball to go!

If the ball gets stuck on a seam, melee the forward edge of it.

You'll have more control over the ball if you crouch, a technique that is especially useful in the last section of this obstacle.

Next, drive a mongoose across this tilted wall. Be careful in adjusting your speed, or you'll slide off! At the end, drive the mongoose through the teleporters before dismounting to continue on.

Next you will face the teleporters! These teleporters hover ominously over the expanse. You must build up sufficient momentum before attempting to cross, or you will fall both short and very far at the same time!

Another series of jumps will conclude this section of the obstacle course.

Next, you will face the final quarter of the course, and the final challenges of the Flaming Ninja. First, you must pass through the seven columns.

This structure houses the final obstacle. You'll need ingenuity and a little luck to defeat this final challenge. No preview here.. download the map variant to find out what awaits you!

If you defeat the final obstacle, you'll notice a teleporter node tucked behind the blue arch. It brings you to a platform in the middle of the sky bubble where you'll have a great panoramic view of the obstacle course.

Thanks for checking it out. I hope you enjoy this conclusion to the Flaming Ninja Challenge series!

Comments:

-- *There is no prize or recognition given for completing the Flaming Ninja Challenge. The statement "claim the title of Flaming Ninja!" is in jest and no actual title will be bestowed upon anyone. You can totally brag to your friends, though!

-- Although it probably goes without saying, the Flaming Ninja Challenge was inspired by the Ninja Warrior television show and some infamous words by Jason Jones regarding Halo 2.

-- I learned all of my forging techniques from trial, error, and Forgehub.com.

Message Index

Replies:

The Flaming Ninja Challenge ... 3!!pete_the_duck 3/22/09 11:06 a.m.
     Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge ... 3!!RyanTheHeretic 3/22/09 11:46 a.m.
     Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge ... 3!!Urban Reflex 3/22/09 12:05 p.m.
     Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge ... 3!!XMixMasterX 3/22/09 1:21 p.m.
     Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge ... 3!!Major Silva 3/22/09 1:30 p.m.
           Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge ... 3!!Urban Reflex 3/22/09 8:03 p.m.
     Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge ... 3!!RyanTheHeretic 3/22/09 3:07 p.m.
           Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge ... 3!!pete_the_duck 3/22/09 3:21 p.m.
                 Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge ... 3!!jazo 3/22/09 3:26 p.m.
                       Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge ... 3!!pete_the_duck 3/22/09 3:58 p.m.
                 Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge ... 3!!RyanTheHeretic 3/22/09 3:41 p.m.
     Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge ... 3!!ManKitten 3/22/09 4:07 p.m.
           Flaming Ninja? I'm more of a glowing Ember...7he grunt w/a plasma pistol 3/22/09 9:48 p.m.
     Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge ... 3!!Devin Olsen 3/22/09 6:18 p.m.
     Prize!FyreWulff 3/22/09 7:36 p.m.
           Re: Prize!ElusiveEagle519 3/23/09 7:12 p.m.
                 Re: Prize!FyreWulff 3/24/09 1:48 a.m.
                       Re: Prize!ElusiveEagle519 3/24/09 2:56 a.m.
           How I spent most of my nightNartFOpc 3/23/09 10:12 p.m.
                 Re: How I spent most of my nightSonofMacPhisto 3/23/09 10:16 p.m.
                 Re: How I spent most of my nightFyreWulff 3/24/09 1:45 a.m.
                       Re: How I spent most of my nightNartFOpc 3/24/09 9:02 a.m.
                             Re: How I spent most of my nightSonofMacPhisto 3/24/09 5:00 p.m.
                 Re: How I spent most of my nightpete_the_duck 3/24/09 7:24 a.m.
           Complete!NartFOpc 3/24/09 9:34 p.m.
                 Re: Complete!FyreWulff 3/24/09 9:55 p.m.
                 Re: Complete!SonofMacPhisto 3/24/09 10:48 p.m.
                 Re: Complete!Devin Olsen 3/25/09 2:44 p.m.
           Quick QuestionNartFOpc 3/26/09 10:49 a.m.
                 Only 2 Hours LeftFyreWulff 3/27/09 9:50 p.m.
     Dang-it Pete!the handmade hero 3/22/09 7:51 p.m.
           Re: Dang-it Pete!Urban Reflex 3/22/09 8:02 p.m.
                 agreed *NM* *NM*The Handmade Hero 3/22/09 8:21 p.m.
                       Re: agreedMajor Silva 3/22/09 9:30 p.m.
           Re: Dang-it Pete!the light show 3/22/09 8:26 p.m.
                 Re: Dang-it Pete!Urban Reflex 3/22/09 8:31 p.m.
                       Re: Dang-it Pete!grantix 3/22/09 8:39 p.m.
                             Re: Dang-it Pete!Urban Reflex 3/22/09 8:40 p.m.
                                   Re: Dang-it Pete!grantix 3/22/09 10:09 p.m.
                                         Y0UD-B35T-L34R-NT0R3-4DS0NSpartan Jag 3/22/09 11:18 p.m.
                                         Re: Dang-it Pete!Urban Reflex 3/23/09 5:09 a.m.
     Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge ... 3!!swede33 3/23/09 1:50 a.m.
     I've only gotten to the golf balls. :( *NM* *NM*Shotgunchief 3/23/09 7:50 a.m.
     Demonstration video now on youtubepete_the_duck 3/24/09 7:13 a.m.
           Speedy thing goes in . . .Jillybean 3/24/09 7:40 a.m.
           You're annoying >_RC Master 3/24/09 10:40 a.m.
     ...Speedy thing comes out.General Vagueness 4/1/09 10:38 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.