|Frequently Asked Forum Questions|
|Search Older Posts on This Forum:|
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts
|The Flaming Ninja Challenge 2!!|
|Posted By: pete_the_duck||Date: 10/21/08 2:34 p.m.|
It is with great pleasure that I am finally able to present..
The Flaming Ninja Challenge 2!!
Like the original, this is a Forged obstacle course in the sky above Blackout. It can be played with any party size and is intended to be used with the default slayer gametype. Click the link below to download it now, or scroll down to preview the obstacles!!
There is no prize or recognition given for completing this challenge. It is just for fun!
Click here to download the map variant
So You Want To Play By The Rules:
So You Don't Really Care About The Rules:
2. The Jump Course is two returning obstacles in one! Spanning almost a quarter of the course, you must jump from platform to platform to make it across!
3. The Perception Jump makes it first appearance! You must jump across three pairs of slanted platforms! However, one platform from each pair is too steep to stand on. Are your ninja senses keen enough to determine which one is safe?
4. The Ball Challenge makes an expected return! You must cross the gap using only the soccer ball!
5. The Vent Wall is another new obstacle! You must either duck beneath or jump over the mancannon exhausts to cross this narrow beam.
6. The Precision Jump returns. It may be shorter, but it is as difficult as ever! Jump along the narrow beams to continue.
7. The Precision Slide requires you to slide down a narrow, twisted beam to the platform below! This obstacle was suggested by Project Pangea's Handmade Hero--thanks!
8. The Crate Climb requires you to climb a steep set of stairs, but you'll have to break through the crates which block your ascent!
9. The Telepoline was inspired by Portal. Cross the chasm by "bouncing" on the telepoline below!
10. The Narrow Jump requires you to jump across seven narrow beams!
11. The Reverse Slide, the last real obstacle, should be a relief. But there is no preview here! You'll have to figure that obstacle out when you arrive at it.
The last few jumps will bring you to a floating teleporter, which concludes the obstacle course.
The teleporter brings you to the Ninja Lobby. From here you can jump down to attempt the obstacle course again. Or, if you are playing with a party, you can observe the other players as they attempt to pass the obstacles themselves.
You can also try your hand at the radar jammer minigame; roll the radar jammer into the mancannon, attempting to get it to land inside the pair of single open boxes some distance away.
If you are feeling generous, you can drop the grav lift into the spawn area and let other players join you in the Ninja Lobby.
Itching for more? There are a few hidden items throughout the map, all of which can be reached while playing with the default Slayer gametype and without the assistance of another player:
Want some more on top of that? I hinted at it before, but this map variant can actually be played with any gametype. I'm not going to recommend it, but you could actually play Infection, Territories, or even CTF.
It took about 14 weeks of off-and-on brainstorming, building and back-to-square-one before I felt this map variant was ready to reveal. I've been anticipating being able to share it, so I hope you enjoy it!
This map was built using the Infinite Budget glitch.
|The Flaming Ninja Challenge 2!!||pete_the_duck||10/21/08 2:34 p.m.|
|Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge 2!!||Devin Olsen||10/21/08 2:52 p.m.|
|W00T! *NM*||The handmade hero||10/21/08 8:46 p.m.|
|This. Looks. AWESOME. *NM*||Vincent||10/21/08 2:59 p.m.|
|Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge 2!!||xMixMasterx||10/21/08 3:10 p.m.|
|Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge 2!!||pete_the_duck||10/22/08 8:08 a.m.|
|This looks more awesome than the first one!||GatchamanUK||10/21/08 3:12 p.m.|
|Impressive *NM*||Hawaiian Pig||10/21/08 4:57 p.m.|
|O.... M.... G.... *NM*||hoveman||10/21/08 6:00 p.m.|
|Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge 2!!||General Vagueness||10/21/08 8:00 p.m.|
|Re: The Flaming Ninja Challenge 2!!||pete_the_duck||10/22/08 8:06 a.m.|
|vids please! *NM*||Jillybean||10/22/08 8:54 a.m.|
|OK||pete_the_duck||10/22/08 7:39 p.m.|
|Re: OK||Jillybean||10/23/08 9:41 a.m.|
|Ninja Warrior!||RC Master||10/23/08 8:41 a.m.|
|mt midoriyama has nothing on this||XMixMasterX||10/23/08 6:52 p.m.|
The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.