Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Surviving Prophets? *SP*
Posted By: hnc <porr24@gmail.com>Date: 7/17/08 9:06 p.m.

The beastiarium entry on the prophets seems odd compared with the others -- it's the only one where the speaker seems less than sure about what is being reported -- why does it say that the prophets claim their homeworld was destroyed, rather than just saying that it was destroyed?

Should we assume the prophets may be lying when they say this -- as the beastiarium says, why would they be reluctant to admit this fact if it were actually true?

So is it possible that there are a whole bunch of prophets out there (the Stoics) still on the original prophet homeworld and the Covenant-based prophets are lying about it?

Less likely -- we know from the terminals that the forerunner had the ability to cause stars to prematurely collapse. Is it possible that the prophets in the forerunner dreadnought were able to cause their homeworld's star to go nova? But it seems unlikely that they would have mastery over that much of the dreadnought's abilities at that point.

Anyway, I'm not sure if there is anything in the account of the Prophet Civil War in Contact Harvest that contradicts this -- I loaned my copy to a friend.

Thoughts?

Is this terribly old?

Message Index

Replies:

Surviving Prophets? *SP*hnc 7/17/08 9:06 p.m.
     Re: Surviving Prophets? *SP*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/17/08 9:09 p.m.
           Re: Surviving Prophets? *SP*hnc 7/17/08 9:15 p.m.
                 Re: Surviving Prophets? *SP*Peptuck 7/17/08 9:58 p.m.
                       Re: Surviving Prophets? *SP*UNSC_Trooper 7/18/08 1:45 a.m.
     *SP* *SP*Free Weights 7/17/08 9:49 p.m.
     Re:Research help...eddie m 7/18/08 4:58 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.