Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: No, up to a point, then yes
Posted By: CarbonElite <pvtmarine813@yahoo.com>Date: 4/28/08 7:20 p.m.

In Response To: No, up to a point, then yes (Jillybean)

: It seems to me that the most simple explanation is that the Flood's
: intelligence works like SETI. It links every AI, every computer database,
: every combat form, ever victim into one great network.

I agree with you on the fact that the flood are all linked and the more "minds" that are added to the flood the greater its capacity for intelligence. However what if the flood were not able to create a GM but instead make a connection to the gravemind? The main theories I have heard has been we have the GM at the top, those flood spine shooter thingies(I don't recall the name >.<) then combat forms then spores. What if there was another tier within these classes as Jillybean suggests? Where have they been this whole time in the trilogy?

What if Keyes in Halo 1, and this tentacled menace in Halo 2 were such communication forms? The flood spores would only need a basic genetic "order" or instinct to form into a communication form. So this form has the ability to make contact with a higher order of Flood which has the capacity to instruct the flood further (Which I beleive actually is the Gravemind) Basically I believe that they use a Galaxy wide pony express moving thoughts and commands around the galaxy.
And the the GM that we've run into is not the Gravemind's physical form but just a mouthpeice. A communication form.

If this is the case this might help explain how the GM survived the Forerunner conflict. It was never destroyed, just one of its mouths. And when Cortana states that "It's trying to rebuild itself on this ring." She doesn't realize that this mouthpiece isn't the Gravemind. Honestly how long would it take to remake an intelligence that has the mental capacity to store thousands of years of information? A very long time And if I'm not mistaken the flood are pretty chatty and intelligentish (its a word I swear) on the last level when its still tying to remake itself. Or how about this metaphor. Does it take longer to copy everything word by word from someone speaking and then read that out loud, or is it faster to just get that person on the telephone and have them speak? I believe that when High Charity was destroyed Master Chief merely broke the phone and so the flood made a new one.

Any thoughts?

Message Index

Replies:

On the nature of the Compound Mind *very long*Cthulhu117 4/26/08 8:57 p.m.
     Re: On the nature of the Compound Mind *very long*DHalo 4/26/08 9:07 p.m.
           Re: On the nature of the Compound Mind *very long*General Battuta 4/26/08 10:15 p.m.
                 Re: On the nature of the Compound Mind *very long*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/27/08 10:40 a.m.
                 Re: On the nature of the Compound Mind *very long*7isdarker 4/27/08 9:34 p.m.
           Re: On the nature of the Compound Mind *very long*Cthulhu117 4/27/08 7:09 a.m.
                 Re: On the nature of the Compound Mind *very long*DHalo 4/27/08 8:09 a.m.
                       Re: On the nature of the Compound Mind *very long*Cthulhu117 4/27/08 9:24 a.m.
                             Re: On the nature of the Compound Mind *very long*DHalo 4/27/08 10:02 a.m.
                                   Re: On the nature of the Compound Mind *very long*DHalo 4/27/08 10:03 a.m.
                                         Re: On the nature of the Compound Mind *very long*Cthulhu117 4/27/08 1:56 p.m.
     No, up to a point, then yesJillybean 4/27/08 3:48 p.m.
           Re: No, up to a point, then yesCarbonElite 4/28/08 7:20 p.m.
                 Re: No, up to a point, then yesDHalo 4/28/08 8:50 p.m.
                       Re: No, up to a point, then yesCarbonElite 4/28/08 10:06 p.m.
                             Re: No, up to a point, then yesJillybean 4/29/08 8:06 a.m.
           Holography and memoryAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 4/29/08 8:50 a.m.
                 Re: Holography and memoryJillybean 4/29/08 2:31 p.m.
                       Re: Holography and memoryAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 4/29/08 3:32 p.m.
                             correction...Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 4/29/08 4:02 p.m.
                                   Re: correction...Don 4/29/08 6:02 p.m.
                                         Re: correction...Don 4/29/08 6:27 p.m.
           Re: No, up to a point, then yesdeadguy71 4/29/08 10:35 a.m.
     Has anyone read...stan 4/27/08 7:39 p.m.
           Re: Has anyone read...Cthulhu117 4/28/08 2:48 p.m.
     GM is the Leveller.... *NM*SinisterSamurai 4/29/08 2:48 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.