Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?
Posted By: reprobateDate: 4/9/08 4:56 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon? (Stephen L. (SoundEffect))

: Trumped as there is a canonical hierarchy to it all, but I see almost nothing
: in the Believe ads that goes against canon. Same with the model and the
: Starry Night vid.

It's been a few months since I last saw the Believe ads, but the model itself can't really have happened with what we know about the Chief's journey. Once Halo 2 starts, he goes through the game, eventually hopping aboard the Forerunner dreadnought and riding that around space. I suppose at some point (guess we'll have to wait for the rest of the comic) he could have gotten off at Earth, or some other point in the solar system where humans were fighting that conflict and had the scene from the model, but once he crashes back to Earth in H3, it appears to be a pretty straight line to the end, time-wise.

Same deal with Starry Night, unfortunately. Although I think it's the best ad Bungie's ever had for any game of theirs, and the story is great, I don't really see how it can fit with the Chief's time line. When was the Chief ever at a point on the Earth fighting the Covenant like that? The closest would have to be some point in Tsavo Highway I suppose. My biggest continuity concern would be how white the ground is compared to the Tsavo area, but it isn't hard to imagine that being along the way somewhere in that part of Africa.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Onebitrocket 4/8/08 7:37 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Cthulhu117 4/8/08 7:41 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Onebitrocket 4/8/08 7:44 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?DHalo 4/8/08 8:06 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?kr-1426 4/8/08 2:00 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?InnerRayg 4/8/08 3:59 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Peptuck 4/8/08 10:50 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/8/08 9:11 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?reprobate 4/9/08 4:56 p.m.
                       Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Peptuck 4/9/08 6:23 p.m.
                             Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 4/9/08 6:37 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Peptuck 4/9/08 9:41 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Cthulhu117 4/10/08 7:46 a.m.
                                               Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/10/08 6:18 p.m.
                                                     Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?reprobate 4/11/08 4:29 a.m.
                                                           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/11/08 11:20 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?free 4/12/08 5:13 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/12/08 7:44 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?free 4/12/08 9:20 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/12/08 9:27 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?free 4/13/08 2:28 p.m.
                                                           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Document 4/14/08 11:44 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/15/08 8:35 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?elpolloguapo 4/15/08 8:42 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.