Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

frankie once said...
Posted By: scarabDate: 7/16/07 10:22 a.m.

In Response To: Halo: Altogether Speculation. Kinda long. (RoflSalad)

That the Galaxy was annoyingly large.

I take that to mean that Bungie intended that the Halo network would cover the entire galaxy only they, later, realized that the numbers didn't add up.

So I don't worry too much about the specific range. (They should have said whatever was big enough to work. Just imagine that they did.)

Luckily there is a get out clause because, as you suggested, a single Halo may not kill you outside of its rated range, but if you get two doeses of Halo badness at less than full strength then you may still die.

Two 51% doses = 1 dead sentient. :-)

I couldn't see the image that you referred to but its still possible that there is an extra Halo as a belt to the other Halos' braces. (Yuk :-) )

I don't know where we stand as Reclaimers.

I'm confused by that web comic. The one that showed an african man watching the Forerunner machines build the Ark.

He looked pretty sentient to me. He was Human, but appeared not to be a Forerunner.

Were the Forerunners Human but aloof from the rest of Humanity. Did they live on Atlantis or something?

Are we a subspecies like Neanderthals?

Was Earth a low tech backwater colony?

In our universe we definitely belong on Earth. We evolved here and all the phylogentic analyses show that we fit in with the evolutionary history of this planet.

I don't know if that is true in the Haloverse. I suppose that we'll just have to wait to find out.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo: Altogether Speculation. Kinda long.RoflSalad 7/16/07 7:29 a.m.
     Re: Halo: Altogether Speculation. Kinda long.RoflSalad 7/16/07 8:17 a.m.
           Re: Halo: Altogether Speculation. Kinda long.Louis Wu 7/16/07 9:44 a.m.
                 Re: Halo: Altogether Speculation. Kinda long.RoflSalad 7/16/07 10:34 p.m.
     frankie once said...scarab 7/16/07 10:22 a.m.
     Re: Halo: Altogether Speculation. Kinda long.Sir J3lunt 7/16/07 10:28 a.m.
           Where do the Halos have to cleanse? *Long*ACEfanatic02 7/16/07 4:14 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.