Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: T&R with AR and grenades
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 1/19/07 12:27 p.m.

In Response To: Re: T&R with AR and grenades (Cody Miller)

: I can't imagine actually clearing out the hangar bay without a sniper rifle. How do you plan to take out the enemies on the second floor?

AR for the Grunts, grenade for the Jackals (grenade bounces off the wall and plops down behind them). The Elite is the problem. Hard to get him with a grenade, but with AR fire you can at least make him take cover to recharge, which gives you time to run around picking up supplies.

: I remember someone (I think Trefitch) did a no shot run of T&R one time, but I never saw the video because it was over two hours long.

I hadn't heard of a no-shot run. There are places you can potentially just run past enemies though, and I expect it featured quite a bit of that. For the AR challenge, I should say that I was thinking more in terms of my usual "kill 'em all" approach! Just speeding past enemies is sort of dull and feels false; that's not combat to me. I want to feel like I'm doing good honest soldiering.

: I'm curious about how that particular section of the level was done.

I'm not sure if you mean the no-shot run or mine, but on my first run in the hangar, I mostly stayed near the entrance, and retreated back into it when things got too hot. Athough my Marines got killed pretty quick, they at least helped as a distraction, which probably helped me kill a few early Elites on the ground. On a second run I failed to keep the ground Elites thinned out, and ended up with two at once, which got me fried.

Bad Cyborg

Message Index

Replies:

T&R with AR and grenadesRockslider 1/18/07 11:08 a.m.
     Re: T&R with AR and grenadesDucain 1/18/07 11:20 a.m.
     Re: T&R with AR and grenadesCody Miller 1/18/07 12:41 p.m.
           Re: T&R with AR and grenadesGuesty-Persony-Thingy 1/18/07 9:48 p.m.
                 Re: T&R with AR and grenadesJman 1/18/07 10:05 p.m.
                       Re: T&R with AR and grenadesGuesty-Persony-Thingy 1/18/07 10:16 p.m.
           Re: T&R with AR and grenadesRockslider 1/19/07 12:27 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.