Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Five bits of SC fun
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 4/2/06 8:51 a.m.

I seem to be having lots of new fun on the Silent Cartographer island lately. Documenting part of this, I've just added five related items to the level 4 fun section at Bad Cyborg. Two deep descents, two novel ways of attacking the enemy, and a Warthog mishap:

(1) Descent into the main facility abyss. Descend into the abyss in the main facility with a succession of jumps, starting with a Warthog-assisted jump off the 'cutscene platform'. Doubtless old news to tricksters, but it's new to me at least, and maybe it'll be new to a few other cyborgs too. What a trip.

(2) Descent into the substation abyss. Likewise, descend into the abyss in the security substation. Easier, but I couldn't get all the way down.

(3) Prong attack. No, I don't mean attack the enemy with a prong, though it's a nice enough idea. After the Warthog-assisted jump that starts a descent into the the main facility abyss, you can stop there on a 'prong' and have great fun attacking lots of enemies, deliberately bypassed on your way down to the Silent Cartographer and up again. Rocket launcher, anyone? You'll have loads of fun with grenades too; it's great to see enemies frantically trying to dive clear and then getting blown off anyway, sometimes still alive.

(4) Platform attack. Attack bypassed enemies from another novel position, namely the cutscene platform where MC strolls out and commits and act of wanton vandalism. More good fun.

(5) Warthog mishap. Send a manned Warthog into the main facility abyss with a huge three-blast explosion. Oops!

More island fun to come.

Message Index

Replies:

Five bits of SC funRockslider 4/2/06 8:51 a.m.
     I'll see this tomorrow, sounds fantastic! *NM*UrsusArctos 4/2/06 8:59 a.m.
     Re: Five bits of SC funTheGarbageMan 4/2/06 2:17 p.m.
     Landing on the second prong level is possibleRockslider 4/2/06 4:51 p.m.
     Re: Five bits of SC funFunkmon 4/2/06 5:59 p.m.
     forgive me if I'm the first...ocean_fx 4/3/06 12:16 a.m.
           Re: forgive me if I'm the first...Rockslider 4/3/06 3:46 p.m.
                 Re: forgive me if I'm the first...Peptuck 4/3/06 10:12 p.m.
                       Re: forgive me if I'm the first...Rockslider 4/4/06 2:46 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.