Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Half-Jaw vs. Tartarus!
Posted By: Peptuck <peptuck3@hotmail.com>Date: 4/27/05 12:07 a.m.

This took me a long time to pull off, but I managed to get the Spec Ops Commander into the Control Room with Tartarus. I only regret that I don't have a capture card so I could make a video about the long endeavor. While its not as cool as Tartarus vs. the Hunters, its still pretty nice. Here is how I managed to do it:

Once he tells you he is going to wait for reinforcements, make sure he is on the Specter a nd drive it into the hallways beyond. Park outside the narrow hallway you can't fit the Specter in and boot Half-Jaw out. If you need to, knock him toward the doorway the hunters and the dual-neddler Elite run through. I think this will assign him the same AIscript as the Hunters and the other Elite, as he immediately runs through the door and starts fighting the Brutes.

Once you reach the curving hallway where everyone stops for a break, start whacking him with you powerful melee weapon of choice until he's outside ont he bridge. Once he sees the Jackals, eh should fight them and run tot he other end of the bridge. If he doesn't after the battle, hit him across. Push him up through the hallways. Eventually he may run into the prison room on his own.

(cool thing here: if you force the Hunters across the bridge and up through the hallways, once they reach the prison room they'll move into position to attack the Brutes on the other side once you do the same.)

Once the battle in the prison room is done, Half-Jaw will join the Hunters and the council Elites in the attack on the Brutes outside. He gets outside ontot he balcony. Once you regain control, knock him off the ledge to the ground below.

Now, here's where it gets tricky (and time consuming). You want to get him to the little rock the Banshee is on in the valley. In order to pull of the trick, you need to get Spec Ops up onto the Banshee, obviously. However, he is a lot smaller than the Hunters so its harder to get him from the platform onto the Banshee.

I eventually jacked a Wraith, moved it near the platform the banshee was on,a nd parked one of the "wings" on the front of the Wraith high enough up that I could step off the platform right onto the wing. Then, I destroyed the Wraith. I had tried to get Spec Ops ontot he Wraith and force him ontot he Banshee, but he kept refusing to stand on the Wraith until I destroyed it, and once it became inert he apparently had no trouble standing on the "wing" at the front of the tank. After this, I wedged the Banshee in the gap between the front "wing" and the back one, with one of the Banshee's wings in a good spot for Half-Jaw to step off the Wraith and onto the Banshee. Once he did so, I hopped in and carted him over to the doorway to the Control Room. I had to fly slowly and be vey careful about speed and manuevering, but by that point the Banshees should be potshotting the Scarab and not you, so you should make it to the door unmolested.

Once you get to the platform, just whack him into the room with the Brutes (where he does surprisingly little to help you, except to stand in one place and shoot) and then into the hallway beyond. Once the battle with Tartarus begins, run back into the hallway and Half-Jaw will be waiting to be pushed into the Control Room. Knock him near the ledge with Johnson and arm him with a sniper rifle, and he'll provide decent fire support, or you could push him right up to the ledge and jump across, which will have him leap into the battle against Tartarus, where his invincibility really helps him.

(Half-Jaw won't die, but Tartarus will keep whacking him with his hammer and not let him get in many shots or sword slashes. But still, its funny)

Again, I wish I had a capture card so I could film this, heh. It was pretty cool to have him fight through all of Great Journey with me.

Message Index

Replies:

Half-Jaw vs. Tartarus!Peptuck 4/27/05 12:07 a.m.
     nice! *NM*mrbananas 4/27/05 7:39 a.m.
     AWESOME! I DID IT TOO!! THANKS! *NM*Nirvana 4/27/05 3:34 p.m.
     Re: Half-Jaw vs. Tartarus!CPU64 4/27/05 8:14 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.