Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Crucial Distinction: We Are NOT Bungie
Posted By: Island Four Corporation <nbitner@nc.rr.com>Date: 2/26/01 4:26 p.m.

This needs to be made very clear and therefore I have placed it at the top of the message board (all of them) - not as a marketing ploy, but as an important clarification.

Island Four is creating a game. Consider it to be a tree ... constantly branching. The only constancy is Change.

The word "phoenix" has absolutely no reference to Bungie, Marathon, or any of Bungie's creative content.

Island Four is not Bungie Software and is a completely independent company. Island Four is not linked to Microsoft in any manner whatsoever. No lawyer has asked me to say this. Alex Seropian, Jason Jones, and Matt Soell have not been in contact any time recently.

The readers ... the fans ... the thinkers ... the intellectuals that post here are not foolish for looking for Marathon references. More importantly, I was somewhat surprised not to see Halo references (or even Myth II) because I am far more tied to those games.

I am proud of the creative content that I contributed to Halo. That will never leave me and is absolutely under my proprietary legal rights as a developer.

HOWEVER, there is no need to anger the company that has given me not only a start, but a business model that I prefer to emulate.

Look at Marathon. Look at Halo. Look at Myth. Look at Myth II. Look at PID. Look at Minotaur. Speculate about Cortana, BW-AI, cyborgs, Marines, MR-343, or anything else you may find interesting. It's hardly foolish to do so. Bungie has affected how I create to a large degree, but that DOES NOT MEAN I start stealing ideas. That is morally and legally wrong.

You must keep your minds open to new ideas. No one has really examined IslandFour.com ... as C(h?)ris Carter says, the double entendre is valid:

The tru7h is out there. It can be found - it is under all of our noses. And when it is found, its bizarre qualities and shocking discoveries will lead you to understand exactly how powerful the simple words "out there" can actually represent.

Best Wishes to All - Matt, Alexander, Jason, Bungie, and all of you incredibly attentive fans. Every post fascinates me - and that isn't something I say lightly.

Sit back and enjoy. Trees can be amazing when examined closely.

Sincerely,

Nathan E. Bitner
CEO, Island Four Corporation
"I4"

Of Mice and Men

Message Index

Replies:

Crucial Distinction: We Are NOT BungieIsland Four Corporation 2/26/01 4:26 p.m.
     Re: Crucial Distinction: We Are NOT Bungierosignol 2/26/01 5:25 p.m.
           Re: Crucial Distinction: We Are NOT BungiePfhreak 2/26/01 6:04 p.m.
           Re: Crucial Distinction: We Are NOT BungieSmasher 2/26/01 7:37 p.m.
                 Re: Crucial Distinction: We Are NOT Bungierosignol 2/27/01 10:25 a.m.
     Re: Crucial Distinction: We Are NOT BungieAnaphiel 2/26/01 7:21 p.m.
           Re: Crucial Distinction: We Are NOT BungieAnaphiel 2/26/01 7:36 p.m.
           Time to come cleanIsland Four (Tim) 2/27/01 9:40 a.m.
                 Crucial Distinction: We are NOT Island Four Corp.Pallor 2/27/01 11:57 a.m.
                 Cleaning It Up Just A BitIsland Four (Nathan) 2/27/01 9:44 p.m.
           Re: Crucial Distinction: We Are NOT Bungierosignol 2/27/01 10:27 a.m.
           Re: Crucial Distinction: We Are NOT Bungie(USMC)SiLvErB1rD 2/27/01 8:30 p.m.
     Re: Crucial Distinction: We Are NOT BungieLoren Petrich 2/26/01 7:37 p.m.
     explain thistommy 2/26/01 8:09 p.m.
           Re: explain thisPfhreak 2/26/01 8:53 p.m.
     Change and Trees?Ph.D. 2/26/01 11:36 p.m.
           Re: Change and Trees?Pfhreak 2/26/01 11:39 p.m.
     Re: Crucial Distinction: We Are NOT BungieForGreatJustice 2/27/01 11:45 a.m.
     Re: Crucial Distinction: We Are NOT BungieMaestro 2/27/01 5:08 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.