glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

You can't beat the Efnet chat debacle...
Posted By: nexZDate: 12/21/00 12:23 a.m.

In Response To: Re: PS: Yall still rock anyways (MotorHead)

Heh; remember the Bungie chat on Efnet following the buyout? The chat was moderated (i.e. no one but ops could speak), and then it would be demoderated for five seconds (three or five, I don't remember) before it went moderated again. The results proved rather interesting...

---

6:13 PM: yeroen: Hmmm... let er rip TomeOne!
6:13 PM: TomeOne: kay
6:13 PM: *** Mode change "-m" on #bungie by TomeOne
6:13 PM: Khral: Did Apple ever offer to buy Bungie, or did Bungie ever offer to sell out to Apple? This sorta ties in with Halo being presented in MW Expo the first time.
6:13 PM: firedwarf: yeron wrote: The only thing I wondered, DeadWhore, is how much confidence they had that we can create a killer console game, coming from the PC side and all. But we like being given a shot at it...(PC SIDE? bungie is the heart of the mac community! what are you saying?!)
6:13 PM: B-Sharp: ok... so I got to thinking... what is your favorite flavor icecream (or any frozen desert type thing)? Personally, I'm partial to orange sherbet. It's just got this wonderful feeling as it melts in my mouth.... Mmmm... orange sherbet...
6:13 PM: ThaMan: How can bungie EVEN THINK of not supporting the Mac, the mac community made you great, if it wasn't for us, there'd by no bungie!
6:13 PM: Vilinx: Have you seen
http://www.macledge.com/features/accessemployee/accessemployee.shtml;
this is testimony of a (former) employee of Access Software, which was acquired by MS and promised a similar independency. He details as how Access was slowly abosorbed into MS as a whole.
6:14 PM: qfrog: Will there be a movie version of HALO?
6:14 PM: Dalan: I read in one of the interviews that TakeTwo has been given rights to two Halo-engine games... is this true, and if so, what could we expect to come of this? (Is afraid of low-quality Halo knockoffs) *shivers*
6:14 PM: ekoSonic: Now that you are part of Microsoft, will the technology behind the games be shifted to DirectX, or will it remain OpenGL? Microsoft is making a hard push for DirectX (take the decision of Epic regarding supporting DirectX over other API's), will this influence the availability of games for the Mac, or will you take that into consideration when developing, to ease compatibility for mac games?
6:14 PM: Have_Blue: when are you guys gonna update LETTERS TO THE WEBMASTER?!?!?! 8)
6:14 PM: BillyH: Max, Matt. fairy nuff. couldnt ask for more. but do you have the same taste in women?
6:14 PM: Adezj !!ANSWERE!!-Why let yourself beeing bought couldnt u done all this without M$-!!ANSWERE!!
6:14 PM: Panamon: The Bungie community as it is now consists of many people...the most dedicated individuals have often become b.net admins, beta testers, or even employees of Bungie. will that pattern continue now that Bungie is part of Microsoft?
6:14 PM: Pizzpot: Has Microsoft given all bungie employees a raise from what ya'll used to make?
6:14 PM: B-Sharp: ok... so I got to thinking... what is your favorite flavor icecream (or any frozen desert type thing)? Personally, I'm partial to orange sherbet. It's just got this wonderful feeling as it melts in my mouth.... Mmmm... orange sherbet...
6:14 PM: *** Mode change "+m" on #bungie by TomeOne

----

nexZ

Message Index

Replies:

ArghMatt 12/20/00 9:06 p.m.
     Its okKharn353 12/20/00 9:09 p.m.
           PS: Yall still rock anywaysKharn353 12/20/00 9:10 p.m.
                 Re: PS: Yall still rock anywaysCurious 12/20/00 9:11 p.m.
                       Re: PS: Yall still rock anywaysProtector 12/20/00 9:22 p.m.
                             Re: PS: Yall still rock anywaysMotorHead 12/20/00 10:10 p.m.
                                   You can't beat the Efnet chat debacle...nexZ 12/21/00 12:23 a.m.
                                         Mmmm... orange sherbet... [nt]B-Sharp 12/21/00 2:29 a.m.
                                         Re: You can't beat the Efnet chat debacle...Curious 12/21/00 5:02 a.m.
                                         Re: You can't beat the Efnet chat debacle...Deathwhore 12/22/00 9:18 a.m.
     You should try this...B-Sharp 12/20/00 11:20 p.m.
           Re: You should try this...CyberBob =PN= 12/21/00 4:44 a.m.
     LAMEBluedog 12/21/00 6:36 a.m.
     Re: Argh[-Steven-] 12/21/00 3:06 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.