Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Familiar plants around Delta Halo control room
Posted By: GradyDate: 12/26/04 2:25 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Familiar plants around Delta Halo control room (MC vince)

Whew, that's a lot of speculative interpretation! I was just writing down everything that seemed like a salient fact about the tree. The Northwest Coast cultures associate the red cedar with strength, goodness, and usefulness, so those would be my own first picks for any possible significance in the game. The permanance and decay-resistance of the tree might be a sort of symbol of strength or hope against the Flood. (The Forerunners, with all their advanced technology, couldn't stop them without using the Halos, so I doubt the fungicide from the trees would serve as a useful weapon.)

Or maybe, as Hawaiian Pig commented, it could just be one of those things that make you go, "Wow ... this game is awesome." Whether or not it has any other significance, it certainly makes me feel that way.

Plants of the Delta Halo control room

Message Index

Replies:

Familiar plants around Delta Halo control roomGrady 12/24/04 11:55 p.m.
     Nice find.GruntKilla 12/25/04 1:54 a.m.
           Re: Nice find.Hawaiian Pig 12/25/04 2:05 a.m.
                 Re: Nice find.Grady 12/25/04 9:55 a.m.
                 Wow... This game is awesome! *NM*Pico 12/25/04 1:10 p.m.
     Re: Familiar plants around Delta Halo control roomMC vince 12/25/04 11:42 a.m.
           Re: Familiar plants around Delta Halo control roomGrady 12/25/04 12:42 p.m.
                 Re: Familiar plants around Delta Halo control roomMC vince 12/25/04 7:09 p.m.
                       Re: Familiar plants around Delta Halo control roomGrady 12/26/04 2:25 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.