glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Maybe MC wasn't the Reclaimer... and his CNI was.
Posted By: Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) <sumpca@yahoo.com>Date: 6/14/04 3:13 p.m.

In Response To: All this About MC being the Reclaimer... (Dan)

: Let's say for a moment, that " Potentials " To be able to get the
: Key and activate Halo were sent directions in the form of Deja Vu or
: memories which explains the familiarity with the Forerunner computers that
: the Chief seemed to posess...

That matches up well with a theory I tossed out 'way too casually earlier; that 343GS was not talking to the Master Chief, but was talking to his upgraded Computer Neural Interface implant instead. After all, 343GS is an AI; why wouldn't he talk to other systems?

Mixing your theory with mine would explain the "familiarity" with Forerunner equipment that the Spartans had. The equipment is sending out handshakes to human CNIs with all the transfer protocols attached. The CNIs upload the protocols, and are able to interface with the brain of whomever has them implanted. Then when Whomever looks at a Forerunner control panel and tries to figure them out, the CNI prompts Whomever (subconsciously) with the correct response because the transfer protocols are sharing data between the CNI and the control panel.

Mobuto (the other Reclaimer candidate) isn't a Spartan, but more than Spartans have CNIs... Captain Keyes, for one. In the novels, ONI operatives have CNIs as well, especially Special Operations spooks. It'd be in perfect keeping with the story that Mobuto was Special Ops or Special Forces at some time in the past (look at how far he made it in the Library!) and had a beefed-up CNI capable of processing a handshake like that.

I like this idea better than the "Forerunners were Humans" theory because it takes fewer liberties with history and paleoontology as we know it. However, we've got too few facts so far to nail this one down as either true or false.

-- Steve is now awaiting further data to formulate a meaningful response.

The Northwest London Gamers' Group

Message Index

Replies:

All this About MC being the Reclaimer...Dan 6/14/04 1:24 p.m.
     Re: All this About MC being the Reclaimer...Virus 232 6/14/04 2:13 p.m.
           Re: All this About MC being the Reclaimer...chewydude 6/14/04 2:28 p.m.
     Maybe MC wasn't the Reclaimer... and his CNI was.Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 6/14/04 3:13 p.m.
           Re: Maybe MC wasn't the Reclaimer... and his CNI wCerami 6/14/04 3:22 p.m.
                 Re: Maybe MC wasn't the Reclaimer... and his CNI wzugy 6/14/04 3:51 p.m.
                       Re: Maybe MC wasn't the Reclaimer... and his CNI wAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 6/14/04 4:46 p.m.
                             I mean MOST, not worst *NM*Cerami 6/14/04 11:23 p.m.
                 Here's where it got started...Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 6/14/04 5:00 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.