Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Curiouser and Curiouser
Posted By: opie301Date: 12/2/03 10:53 a.m.

Well, as Louis was so nice to point out the update to the Halo Story Page, I felt obliged (as once I might have obsessively monitored) to stop in and take a look. I find intriguing a few items that have been slipped in by the Story Page Gang, perhaps in an attempt to hide these things in plain sight.

First off, there are some new corner images (or perhaps old ones that I am now noticing for the first time). I really like the pencil art that appears there, most likely taken from some Halo storyboarding.

Now, it’s time for the really interesting stuff. Seeded throughout the story page are references to bits of information that are not available in The Fall of Reach, The Flood, the game, or any of the material released to the web as far as I am aware. Knowing that Story Page Gang would not post information that they have not received on good authority, then their information must come from somewhere. So they’re either using those pictures I sent to them of Jason Jones in a compromising position, or they got their grubby little paws on an advance copy of First Strike and they're slipping us information like medication in our morning coffee. You be the judge.

[possible SPOILERS to follow. Read on at your own risk]

• From the Forerunner Page
    "Their relics are not restricted to Halo 04. The Aztec-esque stones of C'ort Azur, the arches and weathered inscriptions of Sigma Octanus, the intricate caverns and 3km holographic dome beneath ONI's Reach complex, the ancient stepping-stones of the Grunt's homeworld, and the Prophet's own claim to have evolved on an abandoned Forerunner planet..."
    Holographic Dome beneath ONI’s Reach complex? Stepping Stones on Grunt Homeworld? Somebody's got some 'splainin to do.

• From the Halo 04 Page
    “What it is that the Covenant emissary, the "Protector of the Luminous Key", was to retrieve or accomplish at Halo 04 remains to be seen."
    Luminous Key, you say. While I can guess this is a reference to the Index, I’m fairly certain I’ve not heard this particular reference before. And what is this 'Covenant emissary’ business?

• From the Humans Page
    “...the Master Chief and a handful of Human survivors wrenched from Installation 04's wreckage, are the only remaining witnesses..."
    Handful of Human survivors? What the deuce!

• From the Cortana Page
    “In spite of this, her spare time has already allowed her to exceed the Covenant's knowledge of their own technology, refining them to create focused streams of plasma energy, a Slipspace system capable of jumps much closer to gravity wells, and enabling her to make copies of herself (further proof of the Covenant's lack of comprehension and ignorant reverence towards their stolen ordinance), allowing her to reek further havoc during fleet engagements."
    First Strike is beginning to sound better and better.

• From the Dr Halsey Page
    “And so she has repented, and is now taking steps (known only to herself) to save not only the many, but the few. How her kidnapping of Kelly-087, with her anomalous DNA, and sudden departure in an ONI stealth prowler will accomplish this is yet to be seen."
    Halsey Lives! I think the war is about to take an unexpected turn.

• From the SPARTAN Page
    “Since their harrowing escape from Reach and the destruction of nearly 500 Covenant vessels consumed in the explosion of the 30km long Covenant Command Station, Unyielding Hierophant, the arduous task of defending Humanity from the ever gargantuan Covenant fleet, now wise to the Earth's location, has fallen into their "big, green, armoured hands." Let us hope their renewed numbers are up to the job."
    There was this Bag, see... and there was a cat... it was in the bag... well, I’ve still got the bag, but the cat is no where to be found.

• From the Sergeant Johnson Page
    Um... yeah, you’re just gonna have to read this one on your own. We always thought Sergeant Johnson was too mean to die. Now we have proof.

• From the ONI Page
    “Their people are everywhere, as most recently demonstrated by Lieutenant Haverson, formerly aboard the Pillar of Autumn and rescued from the wreckage of Halo 04."
    We just keep pulling people off that damn thing. Makes me wonder what else we’re pulling out of that debris.

• From the Covenant Page
    “Great Journey", huh? If they think they’re great journey runs through Earth, they’re about to be sorely mistaken.

So there you have it... a glimpse into the madness of the Story Page Gang. They’ve provided you with some bits and pieces of the story that will unfold before us. First Strike looks to be filled with the kind of revelations that turn speculation upside down and inside out. It seems the ride’s about to get a lot bumpier. Seatbelts? Bah. We’re gonna need the secure-foam.

Thanks to the Story Page Gang for putting it all together.

postman's profile

Message Index

Replies:

Curiouser and Curiouseropie301 12/2/03 10:53 a.m.
     ...said Alice as she tumbled down the rabbit holeRoss Mills [subnova] 12/2/03 10:56 a.m.
     Re: Curiouser and Curiouseroddworld@work 12/2/03 11:44 a.m.
           Re: Curiouser and Curiouseropie301 12/2/03 11:58 a.m.
           Re: Curiouser and Curiousermnemesis 12/2/03 3:05 p.m.
                 Re: Curiouser and Curiouseroddworld@work 12/2/03 3:46 p.m.
     Re: Curiouser and CuriouserLouis Wu 12/2/03 12:23 p.m.
           Ah... Many Thanks.opie301 12/2/03 12:35 p.m.
                 mnemesis, Finn, and the Cogitate FactoryFinn 12/3/03 12:01 a.m.
                       OMG - Finn and mnemesis rock the Story Page *NM*Wado SG 12/3/03 1:04 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.