Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Instant Gratification
Posted By: Butcher <cbutcher@cs.otago.ac.nz>Date: 11/18/99 3:12 p.m.

In Response To: What's happened to our beloved Bungie?? (Jägermeister)

> First off, am I to understand that the PC Action and PC Games
> movies are two different movies? If so, then because of no web
> distribution, we Americans aren't going to get to see the PC
> Action movie EVER, and the Europeans won't get to see the
> American movie? That doesn't really seem fair to either party...
> ...anyway, I think this whole limit on web distribution
> sucks...it's not like the game isn't FARTHER into developement
> than it used to be (this is why bungie didn't want the first oni
> movie distributed). It forces people to buy a mag for ONE
> article in it (this being a PC mag, I doubt there will be
> anything else in it we Mac users will find worth buying), and
> cuts those who DON'T buy it out of the loop.
>
> What gives? This is NOT standard Bungie-like behaviour...is THIS
> the effect Take 2 is having on them? Woe is me, I hope not!

Jagermeister, stop whining. This is totally standard behaviour from any company that has a hotly anticipated product - they publicise it through different channels at different times, to increase the amount of interest in the community. And note that I do *not* mean the web-forum regulars by that term. I mean the entire spectrum of people involved in the game industry, from magazine editors to webmasters to distributors to end-users.

Bungie are by no means slighting you or being unfair by not making impromptu press footage available on the web. There is a very simple reason for this - the previous Halo trailer made an exceptionally big splash and was very widely distributed. If Bungie allow a lower-quality movie to be released, one with poor image quality and random gameplay rather than a polished presentation of the game, then they will start to get negative reactions from the people who were formerly impressed by the high quality of the previous trailer.

And, I'll wager, they will get their loyal fans complaining about the movie on any web forum that they can get their hands on.

"What's happened to our beloved Halo??"

- Butcher

Message Index

Replies:

that "new" movie from pc actionandz 11/18/99 3:10 a.m.
     Re: that "new" movie from pc actionWirehead 11/18/99 7:12 a.m.
           Re: that "new" movie from pc actionChristian Mueller 11/18/99 8:19 a.m.
                 Re: that "new" movie from pc actionWirehead 11/18/99 10:30 a.m.
                 What's happened to our beloved Bungie??Jägermeister 11/18/99 2:24 p.m.
                       There's always Pangea...(NT)septimus 11/18/99 2:54 p.m.
                             ...in a perfect worldJägermeister 11/18/99 10:55 p.m.
                                   Re: ...in a perfect world... ARE YOU SURE?HuntedMunkie 11/21/99 2:12 p.m.
                                         Re: ...in a perfect world... ARE YOU SURE?Jägermeister 11/21/99 7:30 p.m.
                       Instant GratificationButcher 11/18/99 3:12 p.m.
                       Re: What's happened to our beloved Bungie??Giule 11/18/99 3:48 p.m.
                       Re: What's happened to our beloved Bungie??Loren Petrich 11/18/99 6:09 p.m.
                       Re: What's happened to our beloved Bungie??Christian Mueller 11/19/99 2:43 a.m.
                             Re: What's happened to our beloved Bungie??2BKing 11/19/99 6:40 a.m.
                                   Re: What's happened to our beloved Bungie??Doug Zartman 11/22/99 5:37 p.m.
                                         No misunderstanding!CyberBob 11/23/99 7:31 a.m.
                                               Re: No misunderstanding!Id 11/23/99 9:48 a.m.
                                                     I do work for them :PCyberBob 11/25/99 4:54 a.m.
                                         Re: What's happened to our beloved Bungie??Ostbye 11/23/99 10:33 a.m.
                                         Re: What's happened to our beloved Bungie??Squonkamatic 11/23/99 12:50 p.m.
                             Re: What's happened to our beloved Bungie??Jägermeister 11/19/99 1:22 p.m.
                 No Joy in Mudville...Louis Wu 11/18/99 7:30 p.m.
                       Re: No Joy in Mudville...Mage 11/18/99 7:48 p.m.
                       DittoNoctavis =PN= 11/19/99 12:57 a.m.
                       Re: No Joy in Mudville...Christian Mueller 11/19/99 2:36 a.m.
                             Re: No Joy in Mudville...Louis Wu 11/19/99 8:04 a.m.
     PC Action?!Daniel (Bungie Fan) 11/21/99 6:27 p.m.
           Dan, relax, it's all good.Freewill 11/22/99 6:37 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.