Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The encoded letter to the webmaster
Posted By: Louis Wu <halo@bungie.org>Date: 11/4/99 9:09 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The encoded letter to the webmaster (Mark Levin)

> I did... cute... whoever WROTE that must have been really bored
> ;)

Or just understood his tools.

Write a sentence, copy it to the clipboard, open ResEdit, create a new resource (one without a template-say, DATA), paste the sentence into the ascii (right) side of the resource. Copy the hex (left) side, paste into your email program.

Not very much work at all. (Took me about 25 seconds to decode... and most of that was the damn program opening. Would have been about the same to encode.)

> The webmaster's reply isn't real hex though, it has all kind sof
> letter in it.

Yeah, that was actually pretty funny.

;)

Message Index

Replies:

The encoded letter to the webmastermad.max 11/4/99 1:31 p.m.
     Re: The encoded letter to the webmasterJägermeister 11/4/99 5:03 p.m.
           Re: The encoded letter to the webmasterMark Levin 11/4/99 6:07 p.m.
                 Re: The encoded letter to the webmasterLouis Wu 11/4/99 9:09 p.m.
                       That's exactly what I didMark Levin 11/4/99 10:18 p.m.
                             The reply is actually readablemad.max 11/5/99 5:30 a.m.
                                   Re: The reply is actually readableClaude Errera 11/5/99 7:57 a.m.
                                         Re: The reply is actually readableMatt 11/5/99 9:37 a.m.
                                               Re: The reply is actually readablephayd 11/5/99 9:54 a.m.
                                                     Re: The reply is actually readableLouis Wu 11/5/99 10:36 a.m.
                                                           Re: The reply is actually readableS. Adam Richard 11/5/99 7:26 p.m.
                                                                 Um... That WAS the decoded message. (nt)Louis Wu 11/5/99 8:32 p.m.
                                                           Re: The reply is actually readableS. Adam Richard 11/6/99 6:58 p.m.
                                               Re: The reply is actually readablemad.max 11/5/99 2:05 p.m.
                                                     Re: The reply is actually readableNathan 11/5/99 2:24 p.m.
                                                           Re: The reply is actually readablemad.max 11/6/99 10:15 a.m.
                             Re: That's exactly what I didManu 11/5/99 11:14 a.m.
     Re: The encoded letter to the webmasterCyborg 11/7/99 5:13 p.m.
           Re: The encoded letter to the webmasterCyborg 11/7/99 5:17 p.m.
           Re: The encoded letter to the webmasterMark Levin 11/7/99 6:07 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.