Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Bungie say it ain't SO!
Posted By: Matt Soell <matt@bungie.com>Date: 11/2/99 11:09 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Bungie say it ain't SO! (Carnage)

> And by the way, Matt, I wouldn't
> think San Francisco would be 'sunny' in January... more like
> cold, cloudy and probably rainy. I should know since I live
> there. ;) Kinda reminds you of Chicago, eh?

Perhaps I am equating "sunny" with "warm." Which, compared to Chicago in January, SF definitely is.

I remember the first time I went to MWSF...when we got off the plane it was in the low to mid-sixties, and the first thing I saw when we stepped outside to hail a cab was a guy in a huge parka, hood over his head, hands thrust in his pockets, walking fast as if to escape biting cold. I was wearing a t-shirt and jeans and feeling quite comfortable. He looked at me and said "Aren't you FREEZING?!"

One of the benefits of living in a city where people freeze to their kitchen linoleum in the winter is that smug feeling you get when people describe relatively temperate climes as "cold." :-)

Note that I'm not saying SF never gets cold, because I have friends who live out there (former Chicagoans) who assure me otherwise.

-Matt

Message Index

Replies:

Bungie say it ain't SO!Bagman 10/29/99 12:26 p.m.
     Re: Bungie say it ain't SO!Jägermeister 10/29/99 12:49 p.m.
           Re: Bungie say it ain't SO!Nathan 10/29/99 4:03 p.m.
                 Re: Bungie say it ain't SO!Bagman 10/30/99 5:45 a.m.
                       Re: Bungie say it ain't SO!Matt Soell 11/1/99 4:21 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie say it ain't SO!Carnage 11/1/99 10:08 p.m.
                                   Re: Bungie say it ain't SO!Matt Soell 11/2/99 11:09 a.m.
                                         Off topicChrispy Nacho 11/2/99 12:12 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie say it ain't SO!Jon Forwick 11/2/99 3:51 p.m.
                                   Re: Bungie say it ain't SO!CowMutilator 11/3/99 11:20 a.m.
                                         Re: Bungie say it ain't SO!Nathan 11/3/99 2:36 p.m.
     Re: Bungie say it ain't SO!Loren Petrich 10/29/99 1:29 p.m.
     We all know NYC rules you all ;) (NT)Mark Levin 10/29/99 2:08 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.