Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Game Length.
Posted By: MaxaminusDate: 10/2/99 7:30 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Game Length. (CapnPyro)

> dont think thatll work to well... good concept though, supposedly they are trying to make a persistent Jane's combat game. I dont think it would work for a game like this because what happens when a couple of players drop? The teams become in balanced say 10-4. All of a sudden its a land slide, the other team gets hit bad, everythings wiped out, without the ability to start anew those 4 players arent going to feel to up to it, theyll probably drop. Or what would happen late at night when noone is on? Everything would just come to a stand still, the eastern front all of a sudden takes a 8 hour nap till more troops come in? :) I think 30min games are a good length, maybe 20 or 25 min. That way everyone plays, everyone contributes, and all of the players stay there throughout the match, and if they do drop it wont be *as much* as a burden as a really long game. Maybe if Halo has a larger world with more objectives to complete, the matches might take up to 45 mins. Oh yeah, and I want to see the different enviroments, rotate the levels a lil =)
Also, there couldnt be an island that big, Halo takes place on a giant ring world =)
-CapnPyro-

That really wouldnt be a problem if the battle involved hundreds of people from all over the world. And if no one were there for a time, I suppose AI could take over.

Message Index

Replies:

Game Length.Hippieman 10/1/99 2:10 a.m.
     Re: Game Length.CapnPyro 10/1/99 3:33 a.m.
           Re: Game Length.General Leo 10/1/99 4:16 a.m.
                 Re: Game Length.Desio 10/1/99 3:51 p.m.
                       ECHO, Echo, echo...Louis 10/1/99 10:12 p.m.
                 Online Addictiveness - EmpireIsland Four 10/2/99 3:09 a.m.
           Re: Game Length.Ben Schodek 10/1/99 4:16 p.m.
           Re: Game Length.Maxaminus 10/2/99 7:30 p.m.
     HALO online... i dont mean death match.... readHenrik 10/1/99 6:02 a.m.
     Re: Game Length.wondercrank 10/1/99 12:23 p.m.
     yeah, sounds good.Ben Schodek 10/1/99 4:07 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.