Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Myth to Halo
Posted By: Noctavis =PN= <noctavis@rampancy.net>Date: 6/2/00 7:01 a.m.

In Response To: Myth to Halo (Cyrus)

> Anybody know the truth behind wether Halo is a totally new
> engine. I heard it was origonally gonna be a myth 3 with 3D
> charachters and all, and I asume after they saw the beast of
> game they were creating they said hey, did that Halo story line
> out of the closet and see if we can apply it to this. It seems
> to me that games at Bungie are first created as a story way
> before any tecnical challenges are taken to make them work. As
> the technology presents itself then they decide to make a story
> a game. Any thought?

Pretty close on the origin AFAIK... I have no idea of how they start out but suspect that inspiration probably doesn't strike them in the same way.

Supposedly this is the story: Jason Jones began cranking away at a new engine in late '97. It was originally intended for Myth III but then he realized it could be used for so much more... thus Halo was born.

I'm trying to remember where I got that from... I think it could have been the interview that Miguel Chavez (Freewill) did with Jason just a little while after Halo was announced on July 22nd. I don't have QT installed on my laptop or I'd check it. Anyone care to check?

-Noctavis

Message Index

Replies:

Myth to HaloCyrus 6/1/00 11:16 p.m.
     Re: Myth to HaloDan Rudolph 6/1/00 11:20 p.m.
           Maybe Matt could help us with this....Ragnarok 6/2/00 1:59 a.m.
                 Re: Maybe Matt could help us with this....Matt 6/2/00 10:01 a.m.
                       Re: Maybe Matt could help us with this....eric 6/2/00 10:27 a.m.
                       Re: Maybe Matt could help us with this....Forensic 6/2/00 12:49 p.m.
                       Re: Maybe Matt could help us with this....Ragnarok 6/2/00 1:47 p.m.
                       Re: Maybe Matt could help us with this....Travis 6/3/00 1:23 a.m.
                       Re: Maybe Matt could help us with this....Travis 6/3/00 1:46 a.m.
                             Re: Maybe Matt could help us with this....Adobe Riskbreaker 6/3/00 2:53 a.m.
                                   Re: Maybe Matt could help us with this....Travis 6/3/00 3:01 p.m.
                                         Re: Maybe Matt could help us with this....Mark Levin 6/3/00 5:45 p.m.
                                         Re: Maybe Matt could help us with this....Adobe Riskbreaker 6/3/00 11:20 p.m.
                             Re: Maybe Matt could help us with this....Pfhor 6/3/00 2:42 p.m.
     Re: Myth to HaloCyrus 6/1/00 11:30 p.m.
     Acknowledge. Over.ApolokiA 6/2/00 3:08 a.m.
           Re: Acknowledge. Over.Forrest of B.org 6/2/00 2:08 p.m.
                 Re: Acknowledge. Over.ApolokiA 6/2/00 7:27 p.m.
     Re: Myth to HaloNoctavis =PN= 6/2/00 7:01 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.