Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

senceless violence vs violents with some sence
Posted By: Tim Branin <sonofhrdra@aol.com>Date: 12/6/99 3:20 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Someone at Incite gets it... (CyberNatas)

I must tip my hat to ID software, I got pretty PO'ed when every one was raving about how amazing the story in "DOOM" was, when It totally sucked. Some experiment stuff was going on on mars, all hell literally breaks loose. A giant legion goes to stop it, one guy goes out for a smoke, every body dies instantly for some stupid reason, and the one guy goes in and some how is able to kill everything, when an army of athousand men couldn't. The Quake games were even worse, no plot twists no character developement, just senceless violence. Unlike Marathon, which is violence, with a little sence. Now that we have this Quake Arena, I suppose it's ID gettin off their high horse and saying, "Alright drunken men have pulled better stories out of their
A**es, so we arn't even goning to try." I mean when Alexander Seropian first developed "Gnop" none of his Colledge friends asked him what the story was. So just remember kiddies, spill as much blood as you want, but if you have no good reason, don't call it a story

Message Index

Replies:

Someone at Incite gets it...Louis Wu 12/5/99 7:20 p.m.
     Re: Someone at Incite gets it...CyberNatas 12/6/99 11:24 a.m.
           senceless violence vs violents with some senceTim Branin 12/6/99 3:20 p.m.
                 Re: senceless violence vs violents with some senceMr. Eez 12/7/99 3:41 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.