/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The map where nothing spawns
Posted By: C LundDate: 3/5/05 4:34 a.m.

In Response To: Re: The map where nothing spawns (Simon of team Sigma)

: you can send me the map to my email adress, i'll take a look at it.
: My bro might also be able to find the problem...

There's been a further development in this problem. Yesterday, the problem was just with that one level, while the testmap I made shortly after had stuff spawning just fine. Now, however, it seems *no* new map I make let stuff spawn. When I merge a bunch of network maps - old and new, stuff still spawn in the old maps, but not in the new maps.

I've trashed all my Forge pref files, reinstalled Forge (1.0.3) from the trilogy CD, and updated it to 1.0.4. The problem is still there. And just to make sure the problem wasn't with AO, I booted into OS 9 and tried the map with infinity. Still no spawning.

Since the "no spawn" issue only affects new maps, I'm inclined to think the problem happens when Forge creates a new empty map rather than during the merging process.

I've sent you a test map I slapped together just now. It's supposed to spawn pistol and rocket ammo. Since the initial count is set to one for each, the "game" will start with one box of bullets and one rocket pack. And that's all I get.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The map where nothing spawnsC Lund 3/4/05 3:45 a.m.
     Re: The map where nothing spawnsgoran 3/4/05 9:11 a.m.
           Re: The map where nothing spawnsC Lund 3/4/05 1:02 p.m.
                 Re: The map where nothing spawnsLuke9 3/4/05 2:35 p.m.
                       Re: The map where nothing spawnsC Lund 3/5/05 12:02 a.m.
                             Re: The map where nothing spawnsSimon of team Sigma 3/5/05 3:34 a.m.
                                   Re: The map where nothing spawnsC Lund 3/5/05 4:34 a.m.
                                         Re: The map where nothing spawnsSimon of team Sigma 3/5/05 12:15 p.m.
                                               Re: The map where nothing spawnsC Lund 3/5/05 12:28 p.m.
                                                     Re: The map where nothing spawnsgoran 3/5/05 2:20 p.m.
                                                           Re: The map where nothing spawnsC Lund 3/5/05 2:27 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The map where nothing spawnsJohannes Gunnar 3/6/05 5:05 a.m.
                                                                       Re: The map where nothing spawnsC Lund 3/6/05 6:48 a.m.
                                                                       Re: The map where nothing spawnsC Lund 3/6/05 7:15 a.m.
                                                                             Amazing *NM*Steve Levinson 3/6/05 7:41 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Amazing•M 3/6/05 10:07 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: AmazingJohannes Gunnar 3/6/05 11:37 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: AmazingMe_43 3/6/05 1:44 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Amazingthermoplyae 3/6/05 5:16 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: AmazingC Lund 3/6/05 10:19 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Amazingthermoplyae 3/7/05 5:22 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.