/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 1/2/05 4:38 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal? (blake37)

: I guessed that is was some sort of space station, but I'm not really sure.
: One level was for sure though, and btw, in the area whare you overlook
: earth, if you get far enough to one side, you can see a second earth above
: you! Must be them boxers :)

Gack... that's a texture bug. The Earth is part of the landscape texture, which only covers 180 degrees of your field of vision, and then wraps... which is why that view is supposed to have less than 180 degrees of viewable landscape, so there's no wrapping.

: I know which one you mean, was it the first level? I can't remebr. On normal
: its just an annoyance, but i can imagain it sucks on TC.

The first level actually doesn't have infinitely regenerating monsters, just a lot of them. I had a really hard time trying to strike the proper balance of regeneration for this level - I wanted a ton of enemies to flood down after the elevator lowered, and keep flooding down for a while, and once they were all defeated, THEN you can go up the elevator. But it always wound up either flooding infinite monsters down if I set the min count to anything more than 0, to keep a constant number flooding in. If I set the min count to 0, then they trickle in up to a limited (but high) number, but not very quickly, so you can get up the elevator alive and be at the terminal and they're still there, slowly trickling in for ages.

If anybody knows how I can have a high, but limited, number of enemies flood in in a long continuous stream (not all at once), instead of trickling down a few at a time or infinitely overwhelming the player, please let me know.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Volunteer Series for Eternal?sd 12/24/04 1:28 p.m.
     Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Elliott 12/26/04 8:55 a.m.
     Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Forrest of B.org 1/2/05 12:42 a.m.
           Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Steve Levinson 1/2/05 6:16 a.m.
                 Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Forrest of B.org 1/2/05 12:54 p.m.
                       Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Steve Levinson 1/2/05 1:36 p.m.
                             Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Dr. John Sumner 1/2/05 2:38 p.m.
                             Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?blake37 1/2/05 3:30 p.m.
                                   Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Forrest of B.org 1/2/05 4:38 p.m.
                                         Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Luke9 1/2/05 6:17 p.m.
                                               Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Forrest of B.org 1/2/05 7:36 p.m.
                             Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Forrest of B.org 1/2/05 4:55 p.m.
                             Re: Volunteer Series for Eternal?Andrew Nagy 1/3/05 10:41 a.m.
                                   OpenGL windowed mode? How do you do that? *NM*Steve Levinson 1/3/05 12:00 p.m.
                                         Re: OpenGL windowed mode? How do you do that?Johannes Gunnar 1/3/05 12:15 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.