/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 6/28/04 3:32 p.m.

In Response To: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills! (Steve Levinson)

One thing I forgot to mention is a very strange monster substitution that first appears on this level. Chances are that if you play this level the way that John and I do, you may not see anything other than the remains of a large animal but the time you finally get to survey your surroundings outside, but there is a new monster type on this level - if you play on TC. As I think everyone knows, there is a substitution of monster types that occurs as you progress to higher levels of difficulty - eg. minor troopers become major troopers on TC. Indeed as someone else mentioned in another post, when playing on TC you miss out on a lot of the different colors seen on the different monsters, being left with only the colors of the major monsters. In PF, however, there is the fist ever (that I'm aware of) monster substitution. If you play this level in Normal, there will be one hulk in the outdoor area. Played on TC, however, you will see a large brown critter that we've never see before. This guy has a very crude sprite - so crude that I suggested to Matt that it be redone. There is not animation of any kind when it attacks you, but the effect is as if a major hulk had slammed you. As far as I can tell this new beast is never given a name, but it represents the first native species we will encounter.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 6/28/04 8:44 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Dr. John Sumner 6/28/04 11:55 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 6/28/04 3:32 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!SockPuppet 6/28/04 10:16 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!mattschenk 6/30/04 3:06 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Dr. John Sumner 6/30/04 3:30 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 6/30/04 3:42 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 7/3/04 7:43 a.m.
                             Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Dr. John Sumner 7/3/04 9:03 a.m.
                                   Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!mattschenk 7/3/04 5:26 p.m.
                                         Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Steve Levinson 7/3/04 7:33 p.m.
                                               Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Dr. John Sumner 7/4/04 4:07 a.m.
                                         Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Jason Harper 7/5/04 11:08 p.m.
                                               Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Andrew Nagy 7/13/04 12:18 p.m.
                                                     Re: PF Volunteers - Pay Your Utility Bills!Jason Harper 7/14/04 12:50 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.