/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal 1.3 preview 5 *LINK*
Posted By: Aaron FreedDate: 2/9/23 11:53 p.m.

The changes since preview 4 mostly fall into two categories:

• Fixes to several major bugs, including:
    • Occasional crashes in six different levels (“To Sleep, Perchance to Dream”, “The World Is Hollow”, “The Land in the Sky”, “Floating in the Void”, “We Met Once in the Garden”, “Where Giants Have Fallen”)
    • The HUD not displaying the inventory correctly (or at all) in non-16:9 aspect ratios
    • Problems with the secret counter in network games
    • Problems with the map overlay in network games
  • Music. Over an hour of new music (parts of my arrangement album See You Starside make appearances in altered forms), plus tweaks and refinements to several existing mixes. The soundtrack still isn’t done, but it’s now over six hours long and features the work of thirteen different arrangers and composers. I’d like to thank everyone who’s worked on the soundtrack; it’s not common for a game to have this much music that’s entertaining to listen to, but – as biased as I undoubtedly am – I think Eternal pulls it off.
Less noteworthy but still worth mentioning: A few levels have new secrets, and we changed the Jjaro slime to look less like the toxic M1 Pfhor sludge.

One caveat: I’m not sure if you’ll be able to resume your saved game from preview 4. If you need help with this, I may be able to provide it, but I guarantee I won’t remember to check here very often; Discord is a much easier way to get hold of me. (That said, if you’re going for 100% secrets, you might want to start over anyway, since one of the levels with new secrets is fairly early.)

Enjoy!

Eternal 1.3 preview 5

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal 1.3 preview 5 *LINK*Aaron Freed 2/9/23 11:53 p.m.
     Re: Eternal 1.3 preview 5Lion O Cyborg 2/10/23 1:33 p.m.
           Cool, enjoy! *NM* *NM*Aaron Freed 2/10/23 3:39 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.