/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Cheat Codes in Windows 95 version?
Posted By: GopherofdoomiesDate: 11/6/22 3:56 p.m.

Here’s hoping I can win the prize for least relevant post of the year.

I was binging the Story Page, as folks with a tad too much time on their hands are wont to do, when I noticed a curious detail. Despite the Cheat Codes page claiming that by and large, proper codes don’t exist outside of the Marathon 1 Beta, Hamish mentioned that he used a cheat code (BUTTHEAD, in order to remove weapons, supposedly) on Day 5 of the Undiscovered Secrets investigation of the Windows 95 version of M2.

So do cheat codes exist after all? Are they exclusive to the Win 95 version of the game? Is this misapprehension due to my dearth of reading comprehension (a most likely culprit)? Or is all of this a joke gone over my head?

Of course, none of this really matters, since I would be mildly surprised to find that anybody has played the Win95 version of the game in recent months, so the only thing being serviced here is my idle curiosity. Irregardless, if any of you guys can remember back to ye olden days, a further look into this matter would be appreciated.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Cheat Codes in Windows 95 version?Gopherofdoomies 11/6/22 3:56 p.m.
     Re: Cheat Codes in Windows 95 version?Aaron Freed 11/15/22 10:25 a.m.
           Re: Cheat Codes in Windows 95 version?Lion O Cyborg 11/19/22 2:47 p.m.
                 Re: Cheat Codes in Windows 95 version?Aaron Freed 11/24/22 7:21 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.