/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Wow... so I stumbled upon this site
Posted By: Raven ArchonDate: 1/2/22 11:39 a.m.

Hello all! I don't know how active this site is, and I hope I'm not intruding, but I'm in need of some Marathon help, and I tried some other forums to no avail. I stumbled upon this site while browsing an old Halo site and was shocked to see it still has recent posts, figured maybe someone could help.

So I'm trying to play the Marathon games on an old iMac G3 (which I'm actually posting from if you can believe it). I downloaded the most recent free versions of the game and copied them over to my iMac. The games PLAY fine, but the first game hangs and then hard locks every time I try to save. The later games seem to save fine, it's only the first one. I have tried everything to fix this, including a fresh OS install on a newly initialized HDD and still the first game hard crashes the mac as soon as I click save.

For reference I'm running OS 9.2.2 (OS 9 Lives!) and trying to play Marathon 1.2. I've run disk doctor, and norton, tried playing with Virtual memory turned off/on, tried several install locations, even tried other installers.

I realize I could just play the Aleph one remakes, and I actually have a fairly far save in the first game on my PC, but... I have a Vintage Mac... I really want to play Marathon on it. If anyone has some sugguestion, or even just an explanation so I can give up it would be greatly appreciated.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Wow... so I stumbled upon this siteRaven Archon 1/2/22 11:39 a.m.
     Re: Wow... so I stumbled upon this siteVikingBoyBilly 1/2/22 3:39 p.m.
           Wow... so I stumbled upon this siteRaven Archon 1/2/22 5:28 p.m.
                 Re: Wow... so I stumbled upon this siteVikingBoyBilly 1/3/22 4:05 p.m.
     Re: Wow... so I stumbled upon this siteukimalefu 1/2/22 10:13 p.m.
           Re: Wow... so I stumbled upon this siteukimalefu 1/2/22 11:36 p.m.
           Re: Wow... so I stumbled upon this siteBob-B-Q 1/3/22 4:35 a.m.
                 Re: Wow... so I stumbled upon this siteGodot 1/3/22 9:44 a.m.
                       Re: Wow... so I stumbled upon this siteVikingBoyBilly 1/3/22 4:07 p.m.
                       Wow... so I stumbled upon this siteRaven Archon 1/5/22 12:58 p.m.
                             Re: Wow... so I stumbled upon this siteIritscen 1/10/22 9:00 a.m.
                 Re: Wow... so I stumbled upon this siteIritscen 1/10/22 8:57 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.