/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Made a video intro for the Vidmaster’s Challenge *LINK*
Posted By: Aaron FreedDate: 8/29/20 8:42 a.m.

The YouTube channel I created a few years ago didn’t have a video trailer yet, so I decided to fix that a couple of days ago. The footage I used underpinning the intro text has a strong recency bias to it, simply because I still had films I’d rendered recently on my HD. Unfortunately, this does mean it’s missing any footage of the trilogy proper, but it should still serve nicely as an introduction to the challenge to people who aren’t familiar with it yet (which is probably a lot of people on YouTube).

(I could have downloaded trilogy footage from my own channel, but it would have suffered from the problem of inconsistent audio levels, since all of the scenario footage I used in the video features remastered sounds that are 6 dB quieter than the vanilla ones; and I could have re-rendered it with the new, lower audio levels I now use, but I’m already planning to re-render most of the films on my channel once an in-development 60 fps branch gains the ability to render films at 60 fps, and I’d rather not start rendering films three times unless it proves strictly necessary.)

The two games most represented are Tempus Irae (which I’m helping to make a new version of; we’re hoping to have a release candidate around the end of the year, but we can’t promise anything) and Chronicles (my own half-finished mod that I still plan to finish one of these days), with Where Monsters Are in Dreams (another partially finished mod that I’m working on), Phoenix, Yuge, and Eternal also putting in appearances. Most of the footage is me playing, but Dr John Sumner is playing in two of the Tempus Irae films, and Tooncinator is playing in the Yuge film.

Speaking of Dr Sumner, Hamish might also be interested to know that I’ve got a lot of films from him that don’t appear on the Vidmasters’ Page, completed fists only and/or without recharging. Given that the Vidmasters’ Page hasn’t been updated since 2011, it might be worth adding those. They are found under ‘Dr John Sumner’s fists only packs’ and ‘Dr John Sumner’s “no recharging” films’. Included in both packs is Dr Sumner’s second film of ‘Acme Station’, which was completed both fists-only and without recharging.

And speaking of ‘Acme’, I also have two films of the level from aperturegrillz, both completed without recharging. Given that aperture is primarily known as a speedrunner, it probably won’t surprise anyone to know that his second vid film of ‘Acme’ is the fastest known vid film of the level. I don’t have links for aperture’s actual .filA files up, though; I’ll have to fix that later today, when time permits.

Anyhow, I noticed a couple of small mistakes in my video – most notably, an annotation intended to provide the URL to the Vidmasters’ Page wasn’t included, and the segment of ‘Something Wicked’ that I included wasn’t the one I meant to include – so I probably will remake it with added Bungie footage once the aforementioned 60 fps branch can render films. However, I’m still quite pleased with how it turned out overall.

Comments are welcome.

Vidmaster’s Challenge 101

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Made a video intro for the Vidmaster’s Challenge *LINK*Aaron Freed 8/29/20 8:42 a.m.
     Re: Made a video intro for the Vidmaster’s ChallenTycho 8/29/20 5:07 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.