/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”
Posted By: Aaron FreedDate: 3/27/20 10:31 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta” (Lion O Cyborg)

: Tried that just now and it's definitely not there, whether vanilla rain is
: active or the version with jumping is. It's only The Near Side of
: Everywhere though, all the others I've seen so far such as A Friend in
: Need, Mohicans and Babylon X do work. Either my Aleph One version is out
: of date (it's 20190331 last I checked) or it's a bug in the windows
: version. Which is odd, as the embers on that map in Lia's precip WAD for
: 1.2 work just fine.

Oh, I once again misread your message. (Blame the similar level names and the fact that I’m kind of dividing my time between about four different tasks right now.) There have never been embers on “The Far Side of Nowhere”, as far as I know. They’re in “The Near Side of Everywhere” as a reference to the last few lines of the KYT term:

: I powder a granite monument in a soundless flash, showering the grass
: with molten drops of its gold inlay, sending smoking chips of stone skipping
: into the fog. She splinters an ancient oak with a force that takes my breath
: and hurls me to the ground. She leaves and I lie in the slow rain of burning
: slivers of wood, staring at the low, dark clouds, craving our next meeting.

(While I’m thinking of it, it would probably make sense to have the sky be completely black apart from the embers as well: “Our reunions there are epic battles fought without quarter, often in the dark as the moon is seldom visible and the sun never.”)

But it wouldn’t really make story sense to have embers in “The Far Side of Nowhere”, since as far as I’m aware, there are no story indications of any recent battle or volcanic activity that would’ve result in glowing embers filling the sky. So yeah, that behaviour is as intended.

: But yeah, the image of the terminal I posted was a screenshot of the
: actual Hathor terminal in 1.2 after I fixed it, but I was trying (and failing) to
: add the Dr Who image to the script so it would actually appear in game. It
: only appears in the screenshot I posted because I had to photoshop it in.

: Even though I did what was needed in the resource folder and terminal script
: for the map and followed some advice I was given at the time, the edited
: page just wouldn't work. It either still showed the vanilla terminal, all
: terminals in the level broke too, or both.

I’m assuming you’re splitting and re-merging the map? Image is in the resources folder with the correct ID you’re trying to allocate? Might be a case of Aleph One not liking the image format (it doesn’t load some image formats). Try saving it as something else. I can’t remember which formats it works with.

: I did notice the new sounds in the new beta version though when testing the
: rain and jump script plugin last night as well. Very good stuff. :)

Thanks.

: Not to mention the extra chapter screen before A Friend in Need.

Oops, that’s actually not supposed to be there. I’ll have to fix that. It’s supposed to be a terminal image in a few levels (actually, I think “The Near Side of Everywhere” is one of them), but it’s not actually intended to be a chapter screen.

: (Is that boss implemented yet? I couldn't get far enough in Met Once in the
: Garden scratch starting to see)

No, that’ll be a 1.3 thing.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta” *LINK*Aaron Freed 3/23/20 6:34 p.m.
     Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/23/20 6:36 p.m.
     Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Lion O Cyborg 3/24/20 12:57 a.m.
           Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/24/20 7:09 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/24/20 7:13 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Lion O Cyborg 3/25/20 5:54 a.m.
                       Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/25/20 11:54 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Lion O Cyborg 3/26/20 3:20 p.m.
                                   Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/27/20 9:43 a.m.
                                         Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Lion O Cyborg 3/27/20 10:13 a.m.
                                               Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/27/20 10:31 a.m.
                                                     Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/27/20 11:07 a.m.
                                                           Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”treellama 3/30/20 5:05 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/31/20 9:35 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Forrest of B.org 3/31/20 6:06 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Forrest of B.org 3/25/20 12:45 p.m.
                             Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Lion O Cyborg 3/25/20 1:44 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.