/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”
Posted By: Aaron FreedDate: 3/24/20 7:09 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta” (Lion O Cyborg)

: Thanks Aaron. :)

: I noticed when getting screenshots of Eternal X 1.2 maps via Weland for the
: Tour of Duty that you signed the ones you worked on. Say, does the precip
: script work in any map you merge it into or does the code need tweaking
: per map so the rain appears in the right place?

: I ask as I may try it out when I return to Weland's tutorial (actually
: Forge's going by the manual I'm using but similar idea).

Yeah, we had this idea that we’d make note of the last time we revised maps so it’d be easier to make sure we were working on the latest revision… which didn’t stop two of the wrong versions from making it in anyway. ¯\(°_o)/¯ A lot of people forgot to do that, including myself half the time, though, but I’ve kept it up sporadically in the current version anyhow. So that’s the explanation for the annotations. I only added map writing, on the other hand, to the ones where I contributed major new segments or other major changes, and that only if I was satisfied with the end product. There’s a complete list of levels to which everyone contributed somewhere in the Pfhorums thread that is a much more accurate record of who worked on what levels.

There’s a few specific steps needed to get the rain script to work, and I’d advise waiting to implement the code until we’ve got the “precipitation frozen in place in saved games” bug fixed, just to save yourself some hassle. I’ll try to remember to let you know when we’ve done that, but remind me in a few months if I haven’t – hopefully we’ll have it fixed by the time we have a release candidate for 1.2.1. Also, the specific implementation of the rain script in 1.2.1 depends on a specific tag (I think it was always tag 7 in Eternal) to turn the lights used for lightning off and on, so you’ll want to implement that as well (it’s probably best just to copy the lights 21-40 we used exactly, since although a few things about how we implemented them are arbitrary, a few things need to be exactly as they are for them to work correctly. After copying those lights you may also just want to save a blank map as a template so you don’t need to do it more than once).

Anyway, enjoy!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta” *LINK*Aaron Freed 3/23/20 6:34 p.m.
     Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/23/20 6:36 p.m.
     Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Lion O Cyborg 3/24/20 12:57 a.m.
           Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/24/20 7:09 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/24/20 7:13 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Lion O Cyborg 3/25/20 5:54 a.m.
                       Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/25/20 11:54 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Lion O Cyborg 3/26/20 3:20 p.m.
                                   Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/27/20 9:43 a.m.
                                         Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Lion O Cyborg 3/27/20 10:13 a.m.
                                               Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/27/20 10:31 a.m.
                                                     Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/27/20 11:07 a.m.
                                                           Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”treellama 3/30/20 5:05 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/31/20 9:35 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Forrest of B.org 3/31/20 6:06 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Forrest of B.org 3/25/20 12:45 p.m.
                             Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Lion O Cyborg 3/25/20 1:44 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.