/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: M1 Redux napalm chicken questions
Posted By: Shining RavenDate: 2/21/19 7:03 p.m.

In Response To: M1 Redux napalm chicken questions (Lion O Cyborg)

: Would the flamethrower in newer builds of Marathon Redux be updated to work
: like a realistic flamethrower? (With the acceptable unrealistic traits
: being not being burned by your own fire and being able to use it as a
: jetpack)

While I'm willing to make some minor physics changes in the name of consistency and realism, the way the flamethrower works is so very... particular, that making it act like a real flamethrower is too much of a stretch. That said, I did play with the flamethrower physics a little: the flames fall with gravity, and are persistent and virulent.

However, I am not satisfied with the way I gave it angular flipping, as I had to nerf primary fire to preserve DPS balance, so I've been looking for alternate secondary options. I might consider making it a dual-function weapon, and have the charged shot be more flamethrower-like. That way, the primary will stay true to canon, but you'd still get some fun added functionality.

: Second question is: why is there a giant potato growing in the east
: maintenance duct? It appears to be intruding on some pipes and has bits of
: metal stuck in it, unless it's a fan made sprite for the CRIST sol
: orbiters?

That's a bug. M1R is currently in alpha, after all, so I appreciate your alpha testing efforts. As with the extraneous electrosynth, I clearly missed some scenery objects while converting maps by hand. I think I remember fixing your "giant potato" several months ago and so it should be fixed on git ( https://github.com/ravenshining/M1R ), but if you can tell me which map and polygon you found that, your second electrosynth, or any other glitches, I can double-check and make sure it's fixed for the next release.

I know it's been forever since my last release. Sorry about that. Eternal is nearly complete, so I should be getting back to work on Redux in the coming weeks.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

M1 Redux napalm chicken questionsLion O Cyborg 2/21/19 1:54 p.m.
     Re: M1 Redux napalm chicken questionsShining Raven 2/21/19 7:03 p.m.
           Re: M1 Redux napalm chicken questionsLion O Cyborg 2/22/19 9:16 a.m.
                 Re: M1 Redux napalm chicken questionsShining Raven 2/22/19 10:09 a.m.
                       Re: M1 Redux napalm chicken questionsLion O Cyborg 2/22/19 12:17 p.m.
                             Re: M1 Redux napalm chicken questionsShining Raven 2/22/19 1:14 p.m.
                                   Re: M1 Redux napalm chicken questionsLion O Cyborg 2/22/19 3:20 p.m.
                                         Re: M1 Redux napalm chicken questionsShining Raven 2/22/19 6:07 p.m.
                                               Re: M1 Redux napalm chicken questionsLion O Cyborg 2/22/19 11:25 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.