/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Some Marathon art I just found
Posted By: Durandal_1707Date: 7/10/18 11:16 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Some Marathon art I just found (Lion O Cyborg)

: These are cool. It's a shame there doesn't appear to be a higher resolution
: on that enemy poster. I'd like to read the descriptions.

Most of it is readable if you squint hard enough, although it appears to be unfinished, with a lot of the descriptions containing placeholder text. The low resolution may be intentional for the purposes of hiding this fact.

FWIW, here's what I've been able to make out:

PFHOR ENFORCER (1): A kind of Pfhor law enforcer, not hesitant to use their large weapons against other Pfhor. Sometimes their weapons are used against themselves though...

S'PTH (sic) ENSLAVED: [?interjection] Poo, I don't have any good [?fonts] for this. Text description not about what [?unreadable] are. Summary of backstory gameplay stuff, trivia, for people unfamiliar with Marathon.

Juggernaut: A giant war machine which, while it varies in form and armament, consistently bla bla bla.

FLICK'TA: Text description not about what you can see. Summary of backstory gameplay stuff, trivia, for people unfamiliar with Marathon.

LOOKER: This explosive creature has disguised itself (poorly) as a floating chocolate chip cookie.

PFHOR HUNTER: A heavily armored Pfhor, known to explode if the fuel line to their shoulder-mounted plasma cannon is ruptured.

WASP: Some varieties of this low rank soldier type can fire projectiles using their melee shock staffs (sic).

DEFENDER: Text description not about what you can see. Summary of backstory gameplay stuff, trivia, for people unfamiliar with Marathon.

TRACKED CYBORG: Text description not about what you can see. Summary of backstory gameplay stuff, trivia, for people unfamiliar with Marathon.

DRONE: Text description not about what you can see. Summary of backstory gameplay stuff, trivia, for people unfamiliar with Marathon.

PFHOR ENFORCER (2): Text description not about what you can see. Summary of backstory gameplay stuff, trivia, for people unfamiliar with Marathon.

PFHOR FIGHTER: Some varities of this low rank soldier type can fire projectiles using their melee shock staffs (sic).

THAT'S A MOON: Text description not about what you can see. Summary of backstory gameplay stuff, trivia, for people unfamiliar with Marathon.

DRINOL (sic) SMASH!: Text description not about what you can see. Summary of backstory gameplay stuff, trivia, for people unfamiliar with Marathon. I don't know if the text [?] should be justified or kind of floating around edges like this here.

PFHOR SUPER FIGHTER: Text description not about what you can see. Summary of backstory gameplay stuff, trivia, for people unfamiliar with Marathon.

PFHOR TROPPER: Despite the poorly covered legs, these guys can survive in vacuum. They'll unleash a hail of bullets, or grenades at their targets.

BOB: Text description not about what you can see. Summary of backstory gameplay stuff, trivia, for people unfamiliar with Marathon. Maybe this text should be a bit longer than the others... Yeah a bit longer indeed, because we got some space here.

TICK: Text description not about what you can see. Summary of backstory, gameplay stuff, trivia, for people unfamiliar with the game Marathon.

CYBORG GUY: Text description not about what you can see. Summary of backstory gameplay stuff, trivia, for people unfamiliar with Marathon. This is the main character of the game.

VAC-BOB: Text description not about what you can see. Summary of backstory gameplay stuff, trivia, for people unfamiliar with Marathon.

M.A.D.D.: Text description not about what you can see. Summary of backstory gameplay stuff, trivia, for people unfamiliar with Marathon.

COMPILER: Text description not about what you can see. Summary of backstory gameplay stuff, trivia, for people unfamiliar with Marathon.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Some Marathon art I just foundukimalefu 7/8/18 2:43 a.m.
     Re: Some Marathon art I just foundLion O Cyborg 7/8/18 2:11 p.m.
           Re: Some Marathon art I just foundDurandal_1707 7/10/18 11:16 a.m.
                 Re: Some Marathon art I just foundDurandal_1707 7/10/18 11:19 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.