/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stuf
Posted By: Shining RavenDate: 4/14/18 2:05 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stuf (Marathoner325)

: The problem here is that in Marathon 2 it's directly implied that Durandal
: brought you with him at the same time he left. For instance, on "If I
: Had a Rocket Launcher," the first terminal from Durandal states,
: "It may only seem like a matter of hours since your last battle here,
: but remember that seventeen years have passed for those of us who did not
: spend the voyage from Tau Ceti in a stasis chamber." It's pretty
: evident that we've been along for essentially the whole ride. Also the
: manual reads, "When it turned out that Durandal had brought me here,
: instead of leaving me to be the hero on Tau Ceti like I deserved, I wasn't
: surprised." This insinuates that we didn't stay at Tau Ceti for any
: significant amount of time in the Marathon 2 timeline. I think it's safe
: to say the Security Officer was put into stasis shortly after M1 would
: have ended, and remained in that state while Durandal went about exploring
: the galaxy.

Good point.

Perhaps he didn't fold out of the system entirely, but merely out of the Marathon's crippled sensor range, (and probably that of any Pfhor shuttles or Juggernauts floating about the area), while he spends a few hours on repairs and familiarising himself with how the ship and its computer systems work. Maybe laying down some rules and agreements with the S'pht crew now that he's their new boss. Once he's ready to go, and in control of the Pfhor's superior teleporters - or as soon as the Marine walks in front of a Marathon window - he teleports you out and leaves the system for good.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stuffMarathoner325 4/13/18 12:31 p.m.
     Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufForrest of B.org 4/13/18 2:33 p.m.
     Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufVikingBoyBilly 4/13/18 5:00 p.m.
           Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufMartin 4/14/18 10:21 p.m.
     Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufGeneral-RADIX 4/13/18 7:32 p.m.
           Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufShining Raven 4/13/18 9:59 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufGeneral-RADIX 4/13/18 11:13 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufShining Raven 4/14/18 1:53 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufukimalefu 4/14/18 6:32 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufMarathoner325 4/14/18 10:43 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufShining Raven 4/14/18 2:05 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufGeneral-RADIX 4/15/18 12:04 a.m.
           Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufMarathoner325 4/14/18 10:59 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufShining Raven 4/14/18 2:09 p.m.
     Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufNevets01 4/20/18 9:09 a.m.
           Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufDurandal_1707 4/20/18 4:11 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.