/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: How do I install Aleph One Marathon on Mac?
Posted By: PerseusSpartacusDate: 12/27/17 6:31 a.m.

In Response To: Re: How do I install Aleph One Marathon on Mac? (Lion O Cyborg)

: It's a Macbook Pro that my dad got from his work as the office doesn't need
: it anymore.It's not too old and it works fine. I followed your advice and
: it worked. All I need now is to re-download the plugins I use on my
: Windows copies and my mods and it'll be golden. That and download Pfhorge
: for mapmaking and maybe Anvil too, or the modern Mac equivalent to the old
: Anvil.

The modern Mac equivalent to Anvil would be ShapeFusion, and the modern Mac equivalent to Pfhorge would probably be Weland. Both of these are very good applications, IMO – they nicely replicate the functionality of the older mapmaking and physics-editing programs, but in a more modern package. Alas, the one drawback to Weland is that it does not have a Visual Mode for texturing, meaning you will probably need to download and learn to use treellama's Visual Mode plugin for Aleph One, which will allow you to texture maps from within the game itself.

Vale,
Perseus

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

How do I install Aleph One Marathon on Mac?Lion O Cyborg 12/26/17 8:53 a.m.
     Re: How do I install Aleph One Marathon on Mac?scratskinner 12/26/17 11:28 a.m.
           Re: How do I install Aleph One Marathon on Mac?Lion O Cyborg 12/27/17 1:52 a.m.
                 Re: How do I install Aleph One Marathon on Mac?PerseusSpartacus 12/27/17 6:31 a.m.
     Re: How do I install Aleph One Marathon on Mac?VikingBoyBilly 12/26/17 2:41 p.m.
           Re: How do I install Aleph One Marathon on Mac?Lion O Cyborg 12/27/17 1:53 a.m.
                 Re: How do I install Aleph One Marathon on Mac?Lion O Cyborg 12/27/17 4:09 a.m.
                       Re: How do I install Aleph One Marathon on Mac?PerseusSpartacus 12/27/17 6:35 a.m.
                             Re: How do I install Aleph One Marathon on Mac?Lion O Cyborg 12/27/17 10:21 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.