/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

PiD and the Jjarro Conspiracy
Posted By: Can-ned FoodDate: 6/28/16 11:13 a.m.

In Response To: PiD's artifacts are weird. (General-RADIX)

I know this is quite old now, but a search through here lead me to this and it caught my attention.

Yes, i don't recall if such a point was brought up much in the past but it was something which piqued me also.

To me the entire story with the W'rkncacnter seemed a tad, well, contrived. The god at the bottom of the pyramid always looked like how i imagined the Jjaro to look.
Remember that we are never explicitly told that the god was a W'rk, AFAIK.
There is, of course, some grounds to see the Jjaro and the W'rkncacnter as close siblings, or even as factions of a mutual kind. Maybe the god which landed on the Earth was a Jjaro more like to the W'rk than some.

Even so, it seemed to me like the story was merely some Jjaro test. Failure to you, down in the pyramid, could appear like the entire Earth was subsumed in some inconceivable revellery from beyond the stars.
Whatever qualities the Jjaro wanted, they saw in both the USA and the Nazis 60 years prior; the Nazis failed the test, the other members of your team failed, but you succeeded.
Maybe there was some finality in PiD, and failure in 1991 would call for remote termination of the Anthrope Project.

Maybe i'm thinking too much for one of the unused premises for PiD, the one involving the fountain of youth.

But the discussions that the objects in dreams aren't always good for the dreamer was also another plausible explanation. Many times i've seen myself, family, or friends tortured or subjected to horrendous abuses.
I mean, there is in fact, IIRC, a Dreaming God hypothesis out there somewhere which explains some levels of reality as the entertainment of an aforementioned dreaming god. Et c.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PiD's artifacts are weird.General-RADIX 12/10/15 2:19 p.m.
     Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.Lion O Cyborg 12/11/15 1:08 a.m.
           Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.Lion O Cyborg 12/11/15 1:13 a.m.
     Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.VikingBoyBilly 12/11/15 4:36 a.m.
           Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.General-RADIX 12/11/15 8:55 a.m.
                 Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.Lion O Cyborg 12/12/15 1:24 a.m.
                       Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.VikingBoyBilly 12/14/15 4:17 a.m.
                             Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.Lion O Cyborg 12/14/15 7:28 a.m.
                                   Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.VikingBoyBilly 12/14/15 1:46 p.m.
                                         Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.Bob-B-Q 12/15/15 8:08 a.m.
                 Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.Can-ned Food 6/28/16 11:26 a.m.
     Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.Tacticus 12/11/15 9:30 a.m.
           Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.General-RADIX 12/11/15 9:51 a.m.
     Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.Philtron 12/11/15 3:08 p.m.
           Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.General-RADIX 12/11/15 3:39 p.m.
     Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.Hopper 12/11/15 9:45 p.m.
           Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.General-RADIX 12/11/15 11:12 p.m.
                 Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.Lion O Cyborg 12/12/15 1:27 a.m.
                       Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.Godot 12/12/15 4:52 a.m.
                             Re: PiD's artifacts are weird.VikingBoyBilly 12/12/15 12:53 p.m.
     PiD and the Jjarro ConspiracyCan-ned Food 6/28/16 11:13 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.